• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding

TriL1

Warren Scout
Is bonding after 2 weeks of being neutered for male and female bunnies to early to start trying to bond?:wave:

yes it is really.
you need to give the hormones time to settle.. i think the minimum reccommened time is 6 weeks but it can be longer depending on the rabbit.

i tried to re bond mine after 7 weeks but blousy was still very uptight and it failed. i left it another 5 weeks and it went great. :)

i know it is a pain waiting but if you have a bad bond it can ruin it forever for them so its best to wait a bit.

good luck for wen you do go for it. :D

Oh right, ok, thank you very much, first time rabbit owner so just unsure of these things, want to make sure I get everything right, thank you, I hope it goes well too, sooo excited for my Floppy to have a girlfriend!!!x:D

A lot depends on the rabbits concerned, some are naturally more hormonal than others prior to neutering.

I assume that both male and female are neutered. If the female is not neutereted you need to leave at least 5 weeks before bonding, however you really need to be aware that a female can suddenly become more hormonal and turn which can result in fighting. This is why it is recommended to have the female neutered prior to bonding.

If your female is neutered and depending on the level of hormones in your rabbits you may be able to start bonding, however you need to be very observant and read their behaviour. If either are quite hormonal you may need to abandon and leave it a few more weeks.

Back