• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Maisie has stopped eating U/D P194. Back home but shy

mattyp

Warren Veteran
I just got home and she wont touch her pellets or her hay and is just lying in her bed barely moving at all :( This morning she was active and eating normally but she has completely changed.

Could this be 'stasis'? I really don't know what could have happened to have brought this on :cry:

This couldn't of happened at a worse time :cry: really hoping I don't need to take her to the emergency vet tonight :(

Sounds like how Smudge reacts in stasis. :( I'd get her to an emergency vet if she's not taking anything.

I'm afraid I have to agree that it seems like stasis. If she continues not to eat anything I would get her to the vets as soon as you can. xx

as its already out of hours i would give some water by syringe (this has worked before strangely, Alvins tummy gurgled he remember he liked water drank for himself and was back to normal within the hour :shock:). chase about the room and give infacol or gripe water to try and shift gas if that's what it is, always tempting with favourite treats.

If in about 2 hours theres still no change then i think you will need to go to the vets to get pain relief and a vet check just incase :( you get that feeling early on if theres no improvement and the strong drugs are needed :(

if you cant wait out the two hours get straight to the vet as pain relief sooner rather than later will aide a faster recovery if its stasis.

loads and loads of vibes xxxxxx

I don't even know where my local emergency vet is :cry: I am such a rubbish owner. Am going to try and get her to eat some herby bits and maybe a bit of carrot if no luck i'll have to google and get out the sat nav :(

She is moving a bit more now but she is just so sleepy and not her usual self. I just want to sob :(

Give your vet a ring, they should have the emergency number on their answer phone for the nearest out of hours vet :wave:

Aw matty I didn't know where the emergency vet was either until Smudge went into stasis 9pm one night!

I've just checked her bum it seems a bit damp? Could that be stasis related as well? My poor girl :(

I've just checked her bum it seems a bit damp? Could that be stasis related as well? My poor girl :(

I have no idea but last night during Smudge's latest stasis episode he weed outside of the litter tray which is very unusual for him. :?

I'm sorry it does sound like statis. I would phone your normal vets - if they are closed they should give the phone number of the local emergency vet in their answerphone message.

It sounds as though she has urinated where she was lying. A sure sign of a Bun in pain.

I would get her to a Vet now TBH, especially if there has not been a normal fecal output today.

A Rabbit who actually looks ill is ill, so I dont think you can wait til later to arrange a Vet consult

Good luck.

Good luck with Maisie...it's all a bit scary and stressful when things like this happen out of the blue. One of my buns did much the same recently (after eating too much fur during moult we think).

Ring the vet, take her in....

It sounds as though she has urinated where she was lying. A sure sign of a Bun in pain.

I would get her to a Vet now TBH, especially if there has not been a normal fecal output today.

A Rabbit who actually looks ill is ill, so I dont think you can wait til later to arrange a Vet consult

Good luck.

That's interesting Jane thanks. That's how Smudge was, didn't seem to have the strength to move unless absolutely necessary.

(Smudge is a lot better today though, nomming hay as I type)

Back