• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Soft Poop

cazzat1979

Warren Scout
Prob a silly question,as some of you may know she was spayed yesterday and i collected her this morn,shes been eating hay,had a bit of apple and ive seen her eat a few pellets, but is a few rather large soft poops in her litter tray is that the norm after what shes gone throu?

i fell mean she keeps looking at me as if to say why arent u letting me out :(

Yes, it is common for a few soft faeces to be passed in the first 24 hours after a spay. Things should settle down quickly though. Do make sure that you check that she is not mucky underneath :)

Do you mean ceacals? If so I wouldn't panic as it may just take a while for her gut to adjust. I'd certainly keep any eye on it though, you can always ask your vet if you are worried. Do you have any fibreplex you could give her, it might help.

Yes, it is common for a few soft faeces to be passed in the first 24 hours after a spay. Things should settle down quickly though. Do make sure that you check that she is not mucky underneath :)

ok ill check her if she is do i just clean her with warm water? x

Do you mean ceacals? If so I wouldn't panic as it may just take a while for her gut to adjust. I'd certainly keep any eye on it though, you can always ask your vet if you are worried. Do you have any fibreplex you could give her, it might help.

Hi
Yep sorry couldnt think of the name,no dont have any fibreplex,where can i get this if i should need to?

Back