• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think Mangle's lonely...up date:- well that's told ME!

bugglebun

Alpha Buck
She sits alone whilst Gerald lies sleeping most of the day. I think she craves attention or activity she can muse herself on. There's plenty of adventure areas but she's familiar with these and always gives a little 'happy stamp' when there's something new. Am pondering on a 'playmate' of sorts. But am not sure how this would pan out. Dominance issues, being left out totally (Gerald seemed to hone in on the sickly Chewbains), personality clashes....am not sure. :?

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Yes, they do a 'Darby and Joan' and preen each other, although I think he's a chauvinist :lol: and she's strong willed...I get the feel they put up with each other 'cos there's no choice; but then I'm putting human traits on them.) But they will have their 'own space' too.
He's more active at night, she's older and knows the routine so has learned to adapt to making the most of the time she has for exercise and goes out in the run.

it doesnt sound like they are too into each other maybe u could bond another into the mix but im not sure im sure someone on here would be able to tell u :wave:

Sounds like my two to be honest.

There are times when they are snuggled together, but mostly they lie apart. I think that a bonded pair can have many different traits, a bit like a human couple.

Thanks people, am up early today and let the buns out...they've been 'courting' and running around. I know rabbits are active dawn/dusk and I'm thinking Gerald's just more true to type, where as Mangle's smart enough to adapt to human living patterns. :D

Was out with buns just and noticed Gerald still had a piece of pooh on his bum so I commenced with a precarious operation to remove the offending piece. Very carefully over a matter of minutes I gently tweezed piece away. He behaved most gracious for one who hates being picked up, didn't squirm...just a few squeaks...
Anyhow, I picked up Mangle to check her, and let Gerald 'know' and she struggled out my arms running straight over to Gerry and mounted him this way and that, over a few minutes, then stopped to look at me! OK OK, He's YOUR MAN! Got the message......well if she's like that with me I guess there's no room for another!

Back