• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Matted Angora bun.. before and after U/D P/137 NOW.. IN LOVE. Please vote for him

littleboots

Mama Doe
For anyone who has read the matted angora bunny thread... Heres his story.
He was sitting in a glass pen in a garden centre in the boiling heat... no hay... no water and a complete mat from head to toe.

Under this top coat... was a pure suit of armour of sold mat:(
angoraboy005.jpg

angoraboy004.jpg

The shop did not care one jot about him. I was asked no questions and given no advice, when I took him home on Saturday. I had no space and Ive four buns of my own but I had to get him out of there.. he was so sad.
He was "dragged" out of the "tank" and he screamed.... I felt sick:(
When I got him home, I cried when I realised how bad he really was.. Luckily I had an immediate offer from a very kind person to come and clip him and get him comfy.
On Sunday the clipping began and it was so upsetting for the poor little fella..
Under the solid masses he had hay / shavings that had pierced his little body, leaving holes behind:cry:
This is just "some" of what came off him:(

fur002.jpg

This was wrapped tightly around his throat so he could barley eat!!!!
fur007.jpg

You can see the thickness between my finger and thumb!!!!

More....
fur003.jpg

fur006.jpg

How disgusting is that!!!! it all came off in solid pieces!!!

He was immediatley more comfy and could now lie down properly, and more importantly he could now eat!

shavedboy001.jpg

shavedboy005.jpg

Words fail me with the human race sometimes.. but this little lad will definatley never suffer again...
Hes coming on in leaps and bounds now
settled_in_002.jpg

Last edited:
He is so :love::love::love: He has really been through a lot bless him:( Well done to the both of you for getting him sorted:wave:

My God! It never fails to amaze and disgust me how petshops can get away with things like this. :censored::censored::censored:

What a wonderful thing you have done. More power to you!!

Rach x

:cry::cry: I was following the other thread, that is awful. I've never heard a rabbit scream, he must have been in so much pain every time he moved. I dread to think what would have happened to him if someone had just "bought him on a whim" with no knowledge.

Good luck to you and him, he is a cute little boy :love:

:cry::cry::cry: Thats awful! Poor little man, how could he have been left to get in that state! And what is wrong with people, to not realise he needed water and hay, and would be absolutely boiling under all that fur. :cry:

Thank goodness he is safe now, thanks to two very kind-hearted souls, you and the person that helped you shave him.

Poor, poor little guy. It makes me so sad to think how long he may have been like that (and also for others like him). Its just awful.

Does he have a name? :)

He is very very handsome under all his fluff :love::love::love::love:

I'm also nearly in tears looking at those pictures :( what district was the garden centre in just out of interest?

I'm so so glad he has found his way to you, he must think he's in paradise after what he's been through, poor little lad.

he is one gorgeous bun bun, i think he'll be a real stunner when his fur is back to it's full glory :D

Oh my i don't see how how someone could be so awful and treat livings thing like that. I get so annoyed well done for rescuing him, question was this abort shop or what?
Cat:wave:

Is this the lovely DemiS was talking about?

SO glad he's found you.

He reminds me a bit of Mr Bean...

:love:

He really met an angel that day you walked into the garden centre. :love:

I fear the day I come across a rabbit in a bad situation like that, I do believe I'd see red. :evil:

Well done LB :wave:

It makes me mad that we even breed animals like angoras. It's not right on so many levels - most people can't/won't take care of their needs properly, they do not naturally have excessive hair like that etc etc grrrrr

Back