• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Air Freshner??

MillyLop

Warren Scout
i was just wondering, is it ok to use air freshner around indoor buns? i've been holding off from using any just incase, and just wondered how you go about keeping your house smelling like a pet shop (as mine is starting too :lol:) Miley's base is in our living room so we would like it to smell nice when we have guests round.. is there a special pet friendly freshner that i could use, or is a bit of off the shelf air freshner ok?

:wave:

Any perfumed air freshner is going to be volatile hydrocarbons (synthetic perfume) if not an essential oil (which is also a hydrocarbon anyway) - these are not great things for you or the furries to be breathing in :wave:

I would go for fresh air from open windows and maybe just some freshly ground coffee brewing or a squeeze of lemon juice wiped around some surfaces instead! :D:wave:

It should also be noted that changes in smell such as from airfreshnessners can sometimes upset the balance of bonded pairs and cause scuffles.

Lush bathbombs are fab airfreshers. As is spiced tea from Whittards. Also pure essensial oil. Put a tiny drop on your duster. Or lightbulbs.

I hate artificial airfreshners. And they work by deadening the smell receptors in the nose. Not a very nice thought:shock:

Rach x

Back