• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smudge - stasis - again

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
My big boy does not look very comfortable :( The only thing I can think of that might have triggered it was I gave him a thorough brush today as he's been looking hot. I'm so tempted to see about clipping his fur but what if that does the same.

I only just caught it too. I thought I'd give them some hawthorn as a treat before I went to bed and he wasn't interested, so tried a crunchie, still no interest. He's had his meds now and is laying down a bit hunched. Buffet of bits out too. He also did a wee right in front of me in their bed which he never does. Found some dark poos earlier too but assumed they were Nutmeg's as a result of the abx.

I'm going to leave him for now and check on him later (no bed for me!) cos he often gets more stressed with me fussing him.

Thank you both :)

Just syringed a couple of ml of water into him. His tummy feels like it usually does but no food just yet. He did have his evening pellets so he ate about 10 o'clock. I reckon those dark poops must've been about then too as I swept about 9.30.

I hope you managed to get some sleep hun, hiw is Smudge now?
Its so strange and so worrying when they do this :(
just off to see how Grahams Biccy is doing xxx

Im really sorry to hear this Schuey :cry:

Loads of vibes for Smudge - hoping for an update which is good.

Mum came in this morning and said he'd eaten his pellets so I went back to sleep :oops: I've just tried him with a pellet myself and he shot straight over when he heard the pellet pot being moved so he's back to his normal self :D I'm not sure if he's pooed or not, it's very difficult to tell with two! But i think he'd be looking uncomfortable if he hadn't so I'm not worrying too much about that. I'll change their boxes later, that I'll give me more idea.

Thank you all for your get well wishes. Smudge says fank you! :D

Poor Smudge :cry: Any ideas as to why he's having reccurrent episodes? Has he had a check up with Mark recently? :wave: Hope he feels better soon x

He'd been going ok for a few months. He had a checkup with Mark in April when he had his myxi vaccine, that's when he gave us the metacam and Maxalon. It's so quick, he was eating nicely at 10 and then not at 12. He is a nervous bunny so things do seem to set him off.

Back