• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The rabbits have made it clear.....

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
They want to live outside.

They had to stay inside today and yesterday as I had work and am not confident to leave them outside in the run unattended (Ive got a different run with smaller wire so cats cannot get their paws through.... which is my main worry!) and they utterley trashed the place, to the extent of shredding the lino UNDER their rugs AND tipping over a huge ceramic water bowl that was full of water... :?

I am in the process of organising the hutch and run to come from my mothers house, they can be granted outdoor life once I have made everything secure........ I REALLY didnt want them to be outside..... I am such a worrier! And they wont be out there in Winter for sure.....

Little sods........

Should have just kept them in and not shown them the outdoor life.... lol!!

I am going to worry about them so much out there. :(

As long as the run is secure, they'll be fine. Ours live in enclosures outside and have a concrete and mesh underneath, the mesh frame is attached to the rest of the run, so there are no gaps.
I'm sure they'll be fine.

It's maybe more of a 'you upset our routine' complaint. Scamp starts trashing things at the same time each evening if I'm late letting him out. He'll be quite happy to go back in afterwards though.

They will be on pavingslabs, only way to open the run will be the lid which I am going to install padlocks onto (deffo fox proof and child proof!) and the hutch will be attached to the run, but not totally in it, as the run is a foot too wide lol!

I am such a worrier, even though Ive never had any incidents.....theyre my babies, ya know? :love:

It's maybe more of a 'you upset our routine' complaint. Scamp starts trashing things at the same time each evening if I'm late letting him out. He'll be quite happy to go back in afterwards though.

They dont have much of a routine at the moment to be fair....they are out whenever someone is home (both do shifts) and in if not. They were really unlucky today an yesterday :(

We'll see how they are after their play tonight, lol. (They were out from 4pm till 11pm).

Sorry to hear that, I can imagine how much you will worry when they are out! As long as the hutch is nice and secure they will be fine.

What kind of hutch are you getting? Or is it Tessy's old hutch?

Sorry to hear that, I can imagine how much you will worry when they are out! As long as the hutch is nice and secure they will be fine.

What kind of hutch are you getting? Or is it Tessy's old hutch?

Tessys old one, which is only a year old. Mums already flat packed it and cleaned it.... I was going to sell it but the buns seem so much happier out ther at the moment.

At least it gives me a while to resource more carpet and repair their indoor space. I might even move their enclosure to the box room so they can have the window open (I cant do this downstairs while we're out for security reasons).

Back