• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Hutches

That is OK if you cover the base and attach a run :wave:

So basically make that a giant hutch, then attach a run, otherwise, there is not enough covered space.

I'm not sure if i'm getting it yet. been offered it on freecycle but just asked OH if he can collect in the van as the woman has said it needs van for collection but he cant do it.

i'm hoping it dismantled for transportation so i can fit it in the car.

What would u cover the floor with and a run would be attached to make it bigger.

I'm not sure if i'm getting it yet. been offered it on freecycle but just asked OH if he can collect in the van as the woman has said it needs van for collection but he cant do it.

i'm hoping it dismantled for transportation so i can fit it in the car.

What would u cover the floor with and a run would be attached to make it bigger.

Well you could put a wood base down, something that wouldn't get wet if it rains :wave: Otherwise the bunnies have very little space to stay if it rains, as not a lot of space stays dry in those hutches.

You could attach a run with runaround tunnels. http://www.runaround.co.uk/

Or just screw a run to it.

Nooooooooooooooooooo!

I had this exact hutch for one of my bunnies when I was younger. A fox came along and ripped the wire panel straight out the end and killed Mulberry. That was traumatic enough for me to never buy a hutch with that type of frame and wire ever again. They're just not safe. Lets little rodent visitors in too. :shock:

Im not 100% sure its this one. all she has said is its a large apex shaped rabbit hutch. This is waht comes up when i type it into google.

thats what i was thinking.

Might just see if i can go and have look althought i dont want to wasting her time if its not that one and its going be tiny.

I want the rabbit to have plenty of run to live and run in.

sorry if it doesnt make sense

this is what the woman has put in her reply by email

"Someone came to look last night but it was too big - so you are very welcome to have a look but I will be honest and say that it is a large apex shape that would need a van to move it. My phone no is XXXXX XXXXXXX and my address is _______________________________________________. I will be in after 6.30 tonight, tomorrow and and Thursday but not Friday. I will also be in at the weekend.
Many thanks

I typed large apex shaped rabbit hutch into google and the picture i posted was the one it showed.

Might just ask her to send a picture. might be easier

:wave: Be nice if it is a big one like that!

We were offered a 'large' hutch recently and it was tiny (about 3ft x 1ft x 1ft) but we took it anyway so someone else couldn't use it being to small.
It was actually well build and clean so we took one of the doors off and put it inside our indoor buns house and they use it as a bed/toy :D

Hope it's suitable for you.

:wave: Be nice if it is a big one like that!

We were offered a 'large' hutch recently and it was tiny (about 3ft x 1ft x 1ft) but we took it anyway so someone else couldn't use it being to small.
It was actually well build and clean so we took one of the doors off and put it inside our indoor buns house and they use it as a bed/toy :D

Hope it's suitable for you.

I like to think i'm always nice and polite when offered things. i like to reuse things.

i have emailed her and asked if she could take measurements of the hutch but will most likely take it anyway if it can fix in the car so no one else can use it.

will update when i know more.

Back