• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

snowball and bubbles - bonding has begun. new pics post 83

xx-snowball-xx

Wise Old Thumper
Edit - bonding has begun

So nervous, I hope they don't have too many issues.
They have lived side by side for about a month now, so hoping they will be used to each other enough to make it a smooth bond.

Got the camera on standby hoping for some nice lovely snuggly pictures before long :)

Don't think my nerves can take it - hasn't even started and I'm already nervous hehe. Gonna try and calm my nerves and not be anxious - don't want to pass any anxiety onto them! :)

Fingers crossed! EEEEEK! :D:D:D

Last edited:
Bonding has begun!

Day 1

Started at 5.40am as I couldn't sleep so decided I might as well start since I was up.

Placed snowball in the carrier, then carried bubbles through. Loosened the door of the carrier.
Quickly lifted bubbles into the pen then got snowball out and put him in seconds later.

Immediately they started chasing each other round and round the pen.
I got the broom and separated them.
Had to lift snowball up because I lost my nerve. Not out of the pen, but in my hands.

Then remembered all the "don't be a coward, keep at it. being together and separated is confusing" So when I had calmed myself, I put him back in the pen.

About 5 more episodes of chasing where I needed to put the broom in between them.

I am not a sweaty person, experienced for the first time ever sweat dripping down and falling off my nose. It was not pleasant!!!!

I don't know how people do this regularly, it is very scary lol.

They calmed down and bubbles started to eat some hay.
Snowball sat beside her breathing quite heavy and looking a bit scared.

I wondered if I had done the wrong thing.

Bit more chasing, left them as there was no biting this time.

Both started to eat some hay.

About 10 episodes of chasing, only 2 needing separated by the broom.
Both sat and ate more hay.
Snowball then started humping bubbles, never seen him do that apart to my arm haha.

Now they are both eating hay. Both seem calm and their breathing has slowed.

pictures to follow :)

Bonding pen
IMG_5225.jpg

IMG_5226.jpg

Few moments after I put them both in
IMG_5227.jpg

IMG_5228.jpg

IMG_5230.jpg

IMG_5231.jpg

after eating some hay together
IMG_5235.jpg

IMG_5236.jpg

where is your head going snowball????
IMG_5237.jpg

IMG_5239.jpg

how rude, humpy little thing ;)
IMG_5240.jpg

IMG_5241.jpg

Looking good. I love that your bonding pen looked like mine after the first half hour. Lovely pile of fresh hay and then it scattered everywhere and the newspaper all over the place :lol: Well done for not losing your nerve, it's very scary isn't it? But it's going to be well worth it :D

Ooh looks like its going really well :D:D:D

The first few hours are soooo terrifying, but it should calm down soon. Atleast theres been no proper fights which is a really good sign. Hopefully Snowball will get over his humpyness soon :roll::lol:

Good luck :wave:

after less than 2 hours, we already have GROOMING :D eeeek!

bubbles just sat grooming snowball. tried to get a video but i thought it was recording and it wasn't :( gutted!

Back