• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spare vibes please for Darcy.....Vet Update 11 Jul p20

BinkyBun

Wise Old Thumper
...Vet tomorrow for all of their 2nd lot of vaccs. But I'm worried about my Darcy. He is eating everything fine but when I pick him he feels so light like hes losing weight. Also his down eye (left with slight head tilt from head tilt a couple of years ago) is now totally covered by an opaque white catarax. He is fine within himself its just me worrying really. He is 7 years old this year. Please can Darcy have any spare vibes and hope its just me being stupid worry wort.

Last edited:
Tons of vibes for Darcy.

Don't worry, Sunshine is 7.5 or 8.5 years old and always fine with his VHD. (OMG he is 8 or 9 in December).

Cutie-pie had her first one a few weeks ago at 5 years and absolutely fine.

Okay they were all brave and had their 2nd vaccs.

Darcy has lost another 100g. :( Even tho he is still eating so something is definitely not right. My vet did a blood test for a senior blood profile. It took ages trying to get the vein and my Darcy was so brave.:love:

She just called me with the results and Darcy is NOT diabetic, but there is evidence of an inflammation somewhere. His Liver enzymes are low. So she is now going to do another blood test to find out whats happending with his liver function. If it proves the liver is okay then she will put him under GA to check back teeth and give him a tooth burr if needed. She didn't want to do this before the Liver has been checked.

Please can I my special brave boy have your continued vibes x

Thank you so much for all the vibes

The results for the liver test proved that Darcy's liver is normal :D:love: So now the next step is to have a GA to check back teeth and have a burr. I would also like to have xrays done of his back and back legs as he is still not walking/hopping properly. My vets are way too expensive (£300-£400 just for teeth) for this so I'm going to have to go to one that I know is good (used before) but are further away. Please keep sending your continued vibes for my special Darcy x

Okay went to 2nd vet. Her opinion was that he probably does have arthritis and she has given me Metacam which she said is all they could for it. I said I wanted an xray to check his back and back legs and also check his back teeth. She checked his teeth but said from what she could see - he was chewing on the otoscope and there was chewed up bits of hay and cabbage in his mouth :lol::love: there were some small spurs but didn't seem to cause any damage yet.

Now she said she is happy to put him in under GA to check all of this for me properly but she advised not to as GA is dangerous for buns especially as they get older. Am I being too selfish wanting this done considering the danger - should I leave it longer and see if his teeth get worse?

I really appreciate your feedback.

Back