• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits and heat

Wondergirl

Alpha Buck
With this recent splurge of hot weather, I thought it may be useful for people to share their tips for rabbit care in warm weather.
What's the best way to cool a hot bun and how can you tell if your bun is too hot?

With this recent splurge of hot weather, I thought it may be useful for people to share their tips for rabbit care in warm weather.
What's the best way to cool a hot bun and how can you tell if your bun is too hot?

Just bumping this up for you :wave:...

...Marley and Dolly suffer more than Skye because theyre black. They tend to just laze around and not really do much. Apart from Icepods and plenty of air circulating in the playhouse and shade outside, i dont do a great deal. I think its helped since i put the bark and soil in their run though.

Oh... I made a video :oops: :rabbit2: *insert geeky face here*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLLDK16ts9Y

ETA: Lots of fresh water in bottles and bowls too :)

Thank you for the bumps!
Thank you also for last night and accompanying us to the vets! You're a star!
The video wouldn't load :(

i have a dig box full of compost which buddy digs down in and just sleeps in the heat..:roll:

the girls just chill in the shade. i have ice pods but they don't seem too fussed with them.
just make sure they have shade and fresh water.. i tried using a mist spray last week when it was eally hot but they all kicked off! :?

I freeze bottles of water...they snuggle up to that.You will also notice they wont piddle as much.:wave:

Back