• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some people should be locked up!!

stacey23

Young Bun
We have just taken in 2 rabbits quite big, one of which was kept in a very small guinea pig cage, very dirty and its head almost touching the roof when sitting. No room to lie down never mind move. :(
And the other in a normal single rabbit hutch with the roof caved in where apparently the couples children liked to jump on it from the trampoline while the rabbit was inside :'( poor things.
They have another two rabbits and a guinea pig which i think she wants us to take, i am desperate to take them but am waiting for a reply from her about them, she will be reported to the rspca as soon as i have managed to get them from her.
Both of these bunnies are in good health from what i can see but their nails are extremely long :( both will be off to the vets for a check up though. Some people need to be locked away for cruelty like this. I have taken pics of the hutches and will be reporting them asap.
We are based in guide post, northumberland and need homes for a few rabbits and guinea pigs, if anyone can give them the homes they deserve, please get in touch x

Thank goodness you now have them, Some people make me so sick with their treatment of animals, keep us updated on the other ones you are waiting to find out about and dont forget we love pictures:D:D:D

:evil::shock: shocking.

I do hope you can get them all..well done for saving the 2 you have. ;)

:shock::shock: that's awful!!!!! :cry:

i don't know how people can be so cruel! you're right they need to be locked away.. see how they like it!!!! :evil::evil:

Thats awful. :cry:

Were you able to take any pictures of the "accommodation" to give to the RSPCA? Once the animals are out, I am wondering if they will do anything, without sufficient evidence :( Meaning these people could just do the same in the future, if they should so feel like it.

Horrible; they must have been petrified. Glad they're safe with you now.

Hope everything works out for these buns.

I have spoken to the lady and she is going to let us take the rest tomorrow :D poor things!! apparently its 2 guinea pigs and a rabbit in a hutch with run. god only knows what state they are in :'(
We have taken pics of the hutches they were kept in and will be showing them to the rspca, they apparently have 3 dogs too so i dread to think how they are kept :s
If anyone can give any of the bunnies or guinea pigs here a home please get in touch as i have a feeling we are going to end up with more desperate to to be rehomed soon :S xx

I am with you on this. A lady bought her guinea pigs to us this week to rehome (I work at a vets) and the little girl I am fostering at home was kept with another female and 2 unneutered males, she only really hads fur on her head and she can't walk properly. No idea what conditions she kept them in but she is ever so skinny and bald :( and possibly pregnant.

Some of the things and people I see in my job just makes me want to cry. Some people should never be allowed to keep animals.

Here are pics of the hutches they were kept in x

Photo0135M.jpg

Photo0136P.jpg

Photo0137G.jpg

Photo0138T.jpg

Photo0137G.jpg

Poor things, the small hutch the female was in ment she couldnt lie down properly and her head almost hit the roof when sitting :'( x

:shock: at the first picture wheres the rst of the door didnt they think to fix it poor buns aswell as being squished they werent securely housed either

Back