• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

David and Goliath? french lop and dwarf?

yummybunny

New Kit
Hi
We have a male French lop and now he has chilled out and behaving much better we want to get him a rabbit friend to share the days with. he is quite big but we think there is some dwarf in there as he is not getting huge, he is kind of jack russel size.
My partner wants a lionhead dwarf but the only worry is him hurting the little lady being much bigger. To be blunt and a bit crude the first worry was him shagging her as im guessing he has more girth than a little dwarf can handle but also playing might take more toll on the little lady.

We think they would probably be ok together but wanted a more experienced opinion

Cheers

I have no experience of this myself but there are quite a few members with little and large couples who I'm sure will help!

From what I understand, it's more about personality than size.

:wave:

Ideal scenario;

Your bunny should be neutered, if not already.
Contact a rescue for bunnies.
Rescue will find a compatible neutered doe to be bonded with your bunny.
Bonding can be done at rescue/ re-homing centre.
All being well bunnies go home.

Sorted!

Be prepared for loads of questions and advice from us!!!!

haha :D thats great.
No he has not been done yet, feel bad taking them away without him having the chance to use them but the week after next we were going to take him in as he has just been to the vet 2 weeks in a row for jabs, we figure give him 2 weeks to chill. then a month after the op we were thinking of introducing him to some friends and see how they react to each other?

Thank you

Last edited:
However chilled out your buck may be...................once around a female he won't be able to help himself!!!:oops::oops: He will just want to do what bunnies do!!!!!!!!!! To be honest, he would virtually rape a doe if kept together.:(:(:(

Bucks can develop testicular cancer.

Your bunny really will not miss what he has never had. Believe me.

Bare in mind the spraying, mounting, behaviour issues.........................

Neutering stops the risk of cancer, lets them focus on the more enjoyable side of being a bunny without hormones playing a major part, and the chance of having a bunny friend.

Here on RU most of us fully support having bunnies neutered unless there is a REAL DANGER to their health by having anaesthetic etc.

We also support rescue/re-homing centres. Over 30,000 bunnies out there needing homes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck.

Last edited:
i think focus on getting him fixed first lol...hes still fertile for 6 weeks ish after op so his hormones will of died off.....sizes of bunny arnt the problem its normally personality that makes them fight
good luck :wave::wave:

Back