• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cant put it off anymore...vets at 4pm

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
berties in need of a good tear duct flush..hes so good he sits and let them do it:shock: also want something else for his arthritis..hes getting stiffer poor old man....and i think he may be going blind:( BUT then again he is a REW and has severe scarring on one eye from the corneal ulcer he had for so long:?

bluebells the worry...she used to snooze upstairs for a few hrs then come back down......but shes been ups:?tairs 3/4 of the day and night last few days:( shes pretty miffed and not eating hay like she should.....we wondered last time if she had teeth probs..but shes so much to hold down..theyd have to knock her out first. Her coughing needs to be investigated...and theyd have to knock her out for that. I think she needs a blood work up to see if anyhting shows in there.

shes been very quiet apart from chasing the cats again...shes been really aggresive with them and me....she doesnt even go for the other buns she just goes up once a day for a sniff then trundls back off....shes had the odd behaviour since before the buns arrived.....i think its to do with whatever keeps giving her the high fever and anorexia..she never seems to fully bounce back before the next bout hits her...poor bluebell:(

freya the smallest cat will be a yr old tomorrow...and has always had a thing for bluebell...she sneaks up and washes her back feet for her:shock: its only when bluebell akes up and realises its not bertie, that she grunts at her:oops:

just a bit concerned for thats all..i put her sisters downward turn down to travel and stress.......but it wasnt...and i will never forgive myself for that...poor dazy-mae..least we got to comfort her when she was being pts though.

i am not reckoning on any great developments at the vets but i do think im going to slam home my concerns....shes not as bouncy this week..this is the beginning followed by anorexia...violent behaviour...and then a raised/high temp. Like bloomin clockwork..poor bunny.

What you thinking of getting for the arthritis? What is he on just now? Just that my Inca is having a bit of problem with her's just now.

Lots of vibes for Bertie and Bluebell. Hope the vet can give some good advice re Bluebell xxx

well i am happy to say nothing immediately serious spotted in bluebell..she was hot to the touch..even the vet said so...in fact she took her temp 3 times to believe it herself!!:shock:
worryingly..bluebell didnt struggle once...and let the vet and nurse examine her teeth...too easily:? something not right there:?:shock:

she said on one back tooth both sides...theres a miniscule spur growing oddly..straight up:shock: so shes not catching her tongue on it and her cheeks are clear of it. Saski said that to put her under to get a better look would be needed under a GA....and in her state..not a good idea.

so back to the metaclop zantac and metacam.........

as i hadnt medicated her beforehand......i asked if anything hinky would show up in bloodwork.....something we cant see or feel. yup..so i asked if she could have a blood test.

berties a poor tiddle stained soul.....as soon as hes cleaned up hes yellow again. But as long as hes not getting sore he should be ok. Its pretty obvious now how stiff and painful his legs actually are....howcome no ones ever said it before or noticed it before even though we kept going on about his legs:(
i asked what other treatment options he could have re the arthritis and she said only metacam:shock:
im sure others on here have other stuff for their buns:?

i dont know if its cos im depressed or the fact im a bit sensitve right now...nikkis had a nasty relapse with her ME and i am lost..i cant handle it...
But i think the vets think im making it all up and get my animals put through testes and treatements not necessary....im so paranoid since my yougest daughter went around telling her BFs friends and family that i made it up about her and her sister being ill..convinced the doctors etc that they were when they werent:shock::cry:

sorry but the shock of finding bluebell apparently dead or dying on nikkis bedroom floor before the taxi turned up has shocked me.
ive just come to bed and she took a metaclop tab ib a treat and half her dose of metacam without me holding her:love: And she let me stroke her face and nose loads..even closed her eyes in bunny bliss:love: she hasnt been like that with me for a very very long time.

bertie too had to have a blood test because of the phenobarb...sometimes they need liver function tests every 3 months.....
my epilepsy meds damage your liver too..i used to have a test once a year..somehow i think the nhs has managed to stop that as its unecessary spending i guess:?:censored:

apparently both buns were as good as gold..but then they were together. Berties ducts were totally blocked and luckily flushed clear nicely..yay.

hope to get bloods back thursday i think she said.....

thank you hun...yes heartbreaking....shes such a bully of a bunny to the other pets but only a bit stroppy to me..never has attacked me or nikki or anyone before........

i hope her bloodtest might show something we can try and pinpoint..and treat successfully:wave:

Debbie have you thought about the glucosamine? It definitely improved Nino's mobility alongside the NSAID's. We used the Synoquin Cat capsules - they are much cheaper from Vet UK :wave:

i was just going to pm you about that and there you are on my thread:lol:

ooh i will have to go check that out...anything to help him..hes always been a bit odd on his hind legs but vets have never noticed anything before that screams arthritis:?

any other tips hun id gladly appreciate it.....i know you both worked so hard together..you and nino to make things a bit easier. Berties on a huge whacking dose of metacam every night...initially to damp down brain inflammation that may be the cause of his fits....and now his arthritis.

watching him sleep on the floor beside bluebell tonight...he really looked his age bless him....a very old very scruffy old bunny...but i love him dearly:love:

Back