• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Benjamin and the bin bag (amoungst other things!)

emjrabbitwolf

Warren Scout
So normally the rubbish in our kitchen is kept secured and safe away from ben's wandering teeth inside a very large, thick black plastic bin, like the outside ones used to be before everyone got wheelie bins (anyone else that old to remember them?)

Well today rather than take the full back out and put it outsidein the wheelie bin, someone just took a black bag and hung it over the door handle.
I go in to see how Ben is doing, and there is the black bag halfway up the kitchen. So being a good owner I take it off the floor and put it on the counter as I planned to put the full bag outside after I'd had lunch, and put the new bag in the bin. Went into the front room to have lunch and hear this rustling of plastic. Go back in the kitchen to find Ben has pulled the bag off the counter (must have left the handles hanging down!), and dragged it along the kitchen floor towards his hutch. The bag was half sticking out of a cardboard box thats one the floor for Ben to run through (holes in either end), with a rather annoyed Benjamin looking at me for disturbing his game!

Needless to say bin bags have been changed over, and people will be reminded not to leave the bags loose.

This is all very strange behaviour for a rabbit who seems to hate the sound of plastic crinkling up. He's got one of those plastic/polyester type tunnels, and prefers to stamp it flat then throw it out of his way rather than go through or over it!

edit 07/07 So its not just th ebin bag that Ben wants to play with! The kitchen roll either ended up in the floor or he pulled it off the counter, we've no idea which. But when my OH went in the kitchen last night Ben had the floor covered in shredded kitchen roll and pulling more off the roll at the time. Earlier I'd also found him dragging a plastic bag into his hutch. No idea where he got it from as the plastic bags are all put in a box to be recycled/reused!
He's got lots of toys and I spend time with him each day. Currently looking for a nice lady friend for him, so hopefully if its a boredom thing it'll stop soon.

Last edited:
Back