• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Canary-bun Progress Upsetting Pics

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Well Canary has taken another step closer to recovery
She has gone from this :cry:

canarysbum.jpg

to this

canaryneglect.jpg

to today..this :D

canary0507.jpg

no bleeding at all today and her skin is so much better..the mucky looking white stuff is Sudocrem which is an absolute magic potion!
Next job is to work on her poor feet but at present all we are doing is covering them in cream..she is still very weak and wobbles oin her back end..no muscle there at all..but at least she is more comfortable

and eating out of my hand:love:

canary0507a.jpg

That's wonderful to see.

Sudocrem really is good isn't it - we used it on Sweep some years ago when he had a poorly bottom, just a thin layer works very well.

The change is really noticable Jill, even in such a short space of time :D

yes..I know she still looks bad..but the improvement is amazing to me ..the pic was taken before I had re cleaned her and re applied the cream..so that was her after quite a few hours without attention..the fact that all the places that were cracked and bleeding have now healed is what I am most pleased about..and the fact she is loving her food.
I think she was slowly starving due to not being able to move..the muck had sealed her legs to her body and she was so weak..now she is making up for it:D

Wow! That's fantastic!

(and I notice she's sat in the middle of the hutch too - not leaning!)

Wow! That's fantastic!
(and I notice she's sat in the middle of the hutch too - not leaning!)
yes she can now sort of hop a couple of steps before having to lean, I think she is rediscovering her back legs..food does tempt her away from the wall!..it was only this morning I moved her into a slightly bigger space..we are having to go slowly with these bunnies

That's incredible in a fairly small amount of time!:D Her poor little legs though, brings tears to my eyes trying to imagine the pain she must have been in :cry: But focus on the positives - she is safe and loved now :D:love: Sending hugs and vibes xxx

I actually went wow at the last photo,an amazing improvement from lots of love and tlc.

She's still a long way to go I know, but my fingers are firmly crossed x

I've just been trying to catch up on these events as i've been away! What shocking photos, not 100% sure on the details of this rescue or what help has been offered but well done for doing all that you do. You really make a difference.

Amazing improvement & wonderful to see. Well done to you & her.

Nose rubs from me (& fresh plantain here with her name on it ;) )

xx

Back