• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bella's mummy and her sister are being rehomed. Can i post in RIN?

Roseberry

Mama Doe
My neighbour is rehoming her 2 does :( one of whom is my Bella's mummy. Its so sad. I wish we could afford to take them. She has just posted them on Preloved :(

<link removed>
I wish i could do something :( so sad :(

Last edited by a moderator:
i just dont know what i can say to her without offending her :( who knows who they will end up with. she cant drive so is asking for them to be collected so wont even be able to check the conditions :(

dont like seeing them being given away at least if she asked for a little money it would put off some of the worse people....:(:(

she thinks its better not to - maybe because some people cant afford to. i just am so upset by the way she is doing it i was sobbing about it last night and almost today.

sadly it is the same way many people view rabbits :( i wish this wasnt the case. I view mine as my babies, she views them as 'rabbits' they are diffferent to her dogs and kids.

I agree she needs to ask something for them, those that cant afford to actually pay something for a rabbit wont be able to afford to care for it properly :(

My neighbour is rehoming her 2 does :( one of whom is my Bella's mummy. Its so sad. I wish we could afford to take them. She has just posted them on Preloved :(

I wish i could do something :( so sad :(

i really would fear the worst for rabbits given away like this - can you not temporarily home and take time to find them a good home/

Last edited by a moderator:
That's such a shame :( if they come with their hutch/setup would you be able to care for them temporarily?

Lets hope they find a good home, not all on Preloved are bad people after a freebie.

Can you pls talk to her.

Cos they will end up as snake food. Snake oners constantly search for bunnies which are given away for free as snake food.

You at least have to try to save them.

yes i could take them temporarily but def not permantly. i have some space its just the financial aspect for possible vet bills as we have had a lot this year. my whole family were against me getting Bella. She was from a litter this neighbour had and most were sold to a pet shop, she was too but i went and found her as i had to save one of them.

i will try and talk to her, she is nice but just doesnt understand how i feel about rabbits and i dont want to fall out with her as we share a boundary.

thanks.

if it were up to me i would have them in a snap .. but its also up to my OH and if it were left up to me i would prob have all the bunnies is rabbits in need....

i think you should only take these rabbits with a view that you may never rehome them. even established rescues are struggling to rehome animals right now and i doubt listing in RIN will suddenly create a home, be nice if it did tho :D

please don't take bunnies that may possibly affect your ability to care for the ones you already have :(

i think you should only take these rabbits with a view that you may never rehome them. even established rescues are struggling to rehome animals right now and i doubt listing in RIN will suddenly create a home, be nice if it did tho :D

please don't take bunnies that may possibly affect your ability to care for the ones you already have :(

This exactly.
The last thing you want if for a year done the line, one (or both) of them having complex vet issues and you not being able to afford the four.
However...if you think you will be bale to do it...then by all means go ahead :wave:

I agree with this.

Back