• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding the buns

little-laura

Wise Old Thumper
hey guys I have now got yuri neutered and hope to bond yuki and yuri

Chul I think said to wait 6 weeks after yuris neutering till I bond them, but my vet says a month is fine, though I dont trust them 100% after the cannula incident

how long should I wait guys?

Also has someone got a step by step guide, chul you showed me your thread when you were doing it and I am very grateful for it its reassured me and given me some good advice

If anyone could do this I would like a simplified step by step guide if possible

If both are spayed/neutered then it's a case of waiting for hormones to die down, which can vary rabbit to rabbit, but no earlier than a month. If the boy is neutered and the girl is not spayed then you need to wait at least 6 weeks.

I don't think there is a step by step guide to bonding because, whilst you follow the same rules, In my experience, all bonds are different because the rabbits are different. I have info on my website that may be worth a read. it mentions both the dating and the putting together and not separating method. The link to my website is found in my sig, and it's the last article on the page titled 'Rabbit Info Articles'.

If both are spayed/neutered then it's a case of waiting for hormones to die down, which can vary rabbit to rabbit, but no earlier than a month. If the boy is neutered and the girl is not spayed then you need to wait at least 6 weeks.

I don't think there is a step by step guide to bonding because, whilst you follow the same rules, In my experience, all bonds are different because the rabbits are different. I have info on my website that may be worth a read. it mentions both the dating and the putting together and not separating method. The link to my website is found in my sig, and it's the last article on the page titled 'Rabbit Info Articles'.

thank you I wasnt going to do it earlier than a month i will leave it 6 weeks then ^)^

they are both girls both spayed yuri has only just been spayed though does the fact they are both girls make a difference?

also once you bond them when you travel with them do you need to put them in the same carrier?

I always put them in the same carrier. :)

I can give you a little bit of advice. While you're waiting to bond them can you have them in separate cages side by side so they get used to each other's smells. I think this really helps in the long run. :)

Then you set up a small pen in a neutral area neither of them have been but somewhere where you can watch them. You put in hay and water. Two water bottles to avoid fighting. And then you plonk in the bunnies. Try to put them in one after the other very quickly to avoid one claiming the space as their own.

They will probably:
Chase each other.
Pull fur.
Mount each other.

These are normal behaviours and is a bunny's way of working out who's boss. You need to separate them if they fight. If there is any blood drawn, if they lock onto each other, if they circle each other very closely.

But as Sky-O said, each bond is different and each rabbit is different. You know them best. Remember they will get a little stressed but try to stay calm yourself. ;)

I always put them in the same carrier. :)

I can give you a little bit of advice. While you're waiting to bond them can you have them in separate cages side by side so they get used to each other's smells. I think this really helps in the long run. :)

Then you set up a small pen in a neutral area neither of them have been but somewhere where you can watch them. You put in hay and water. Two water bottles to avoid fighting. And then you plonk in the bunnies. Try to put them in one after the other very quickly to avoid one claiming the space as their own.

They will probably:
Chase each other.
Pull fur.
Mount each other.

These are normal behaviours and is a bunny's way of working out who's boss. You need to separate them if they fight. If there is any blood drawn, if they lock onto each other, if they circle each other very closely.

But as Sky-O said, each bond is different and each rabbit is different. You know them best. Remember they will get a little stressed but try to stay calm yourself. ;)

thank you so much! ^_^

I need all the help and advice I can get I welcome any opinion etc... ^_^

Back