• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another successful bonding and getting closer to something like normal.

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
and another step closer to a large group again :)

I point out this situation is not ideal, and certainly not something I had planned for, however I am trying to do my best for each bun that is with me..

Sophie was in the top half of the hutch (5x2ft) since the babies were seperated 4 weeks ago. she has been out about 4 times a week, but space and time is limited.

Granite was in the bottom half of the hutch, but seemed happier by himself for the time being. (5x2ft), similar to Sophie

Artie and Belle are in the brick shed.

Isla and Tilly are in the shed part of the kennel, with the 5 baby boys in the run part.

Ive been using 2 runs and the garden to exercise 5 lots of buns, which takes some working out, but we have been muddling along.

-----------

So far,

I have moved the hutch further down the garden and sat it in the run. the run is 5ftx6ft, so there is about 4ftx5ft of actual run space, but they can still crawl under the hutch. Currently Granite is in there, but going to swap Isla and Tilly in there one I have painted it and secured the whole thing. Isla is a clever girl and can escape anything with an escape route. and Granite will go in the shed part of the kennel which is 6ftx4ft, so a bit more space for him :)

I have bonded Sophie in with Artie and Belle. Soph had been with Belle and they get along, and Artie is a placid boy anyway. So they have 6ftx6ft shed.

Dom has offered a home to two agouti boys, and we are just planning a bunny run for them, which leave me 3 black boys. ( Anyone??)

not sure what is going to happen with them... a friend has told me of a pet shop who would take them, I really don't want that, but can't afford 5 neuters (Isla and Tilly need doing too) and just don't have the garden space for any more than six, then there is my nanna going on about them too. She doesn't even go out there!!

Back