• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pregnant

snakeboy

New Kit
my male got in with my female and did it like the whole day but every time he just humped 3 times then stopped and stayed for 5 seconds...then he would fall back is my bunnie pregnant i need to know before so i dont buy 1oo dollars worth of stuff thank you.

She more than likely is if they were together the whole day.

I think she could have an emergency spay, though, if you don't want her to have the babies.

What age is she?

:wave:

did you plan to breed them? or was accident, i guess you was there if you saw him do it?
and you just count from date of mating to work out when babies are due normally 31-34 days, but hopefully she isnt if this was a accident

firstly welcome to the forum

second, did you intend to breed them?

How old are they both?

Is there any reason why you have not had them spayed/neutered/fixed?

It is very stressful for a female bun to have babies if your female is not a young bunny I would have her spayed asap then she will not get pregnant. if she is young and you are prepared to risk it then you can have her have the babies if she is pregnant but you have to be prepared for a lot of work, there are so many possible complications and worries when doing this.

The reason I suggested having them spayed other than the obvious so the female dsnt get pregnant is because it is good for them and good for their health it helps them and its really important that you do it. Female buns can get cancer if it is not done and it helps males feel lest frustrated and hormonal.

good luck with your buns :wave:

my female is only a 1 old and my male is 6 months and i intended for them to you know do there business but not so fast. neither are fixed and i do not plan on fixing them im new to breeding but did a lot of research but i want to know for sure cause he just kept stopping...right after he mounted.

She more than likely is if they were together the whole day.

I think she could have an emergency spay, though, if you don't want her to have the babies.

What age is she?

:wave:

that is so mean to just stop a mother from having her own babies its not right but i get what your saying

that is so mean to just stop a mother from having her own babies its not right but i get what your saying

Over 80% of unspayed 5 year old females have either uterine or mammary cancer. That is much more cruel than not "allowing" them to have babies :wave:.

If you get her spayed asap then you won't have babies to find homes for, you will cut her cancer risk significantly and you will eliminate the risk of her dying during the birth which is another risk factor.

It's kinder than leaving them to die of cancer. Oh and forcing a load of kits into the world who could have any health problems, and will eventually end up in rescue because the country is overrun with unwanted rabbits as it is.

No it isn't. Mean for a human who consciously understands that the thing growing in her belly is a baby, but not for a rabbit. Rabbits do not think of having kids or probably even want any, its just instinct to mate and take care of babies. SHe doesn't know she's pregnant or even what pregnancy IS.

A 1 year old rabbit who has never had babies could face problems as her hips may have fused and she will struggle with birth. Also u don't need to keep stressing her out and putting him in with her, it only takes seconds for them to mate and she may attack him if you keep putting him with her. Are these rabbits a breed s or are you putting cross breed rabbits together

my male got in with my female and did it like the whole day but every time he just humped 3 times then stopped and stayed for 5 seconds...then he would fall back is my bunnie pregnant i need to know before so i dont buy 1oo dollars worth of stuff thank you.

From what I've read, the falling off that you describe is one of the signs of a successful mating so there is a very good chance the doe will be pregnant.

If you can't post friendly and constructive advice. Don't post at all. I already removed posts last night that were rude or unhelpful.

focusing on your question in your OP - it will be worth spending money on things for kittens as the likelihood of pregnancy is very high from what you have described.

they are both the same breed but thanks you guys for all the help..:wave:
and i just took her to the vet yesterday shes pregnant and she shouldnt have any complications with birth shes going to have around 4 to 6...yes i cant wait.

Last edited:
Back