• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice Please!

month ago, my rabbit Nala became sick. She wasnt eating so took her to the vets. It wasnt her teeth and appeared subdued so was admitted for bloods/fluids/xrays which showed she had infection. Within hours of recieving treatment, she perked up and I took her home to continue meds that night!
The next day, her bunny friend was even sicker than she was. He was flat, hot and looked like he passed diarrhoea so was rushed to the vets. Unfortunately, he passed away!
ThanKfully, whatever defeated Simba, did not defeat Nala and she recovered 100%. However, a month down the line, a once, very sweet and friendly Nala has become very aggressive and Im not sure what to do. I immediately brought her indoors which I thought would help her stop getting as lonely and she gets a daily run in the garden! I originally did not think about finding her a new friend as I already have two other bunnies and other pets but if she is unhappy, then I'd be interested in finding her a new buddy. Shes 4 years old. Any advice please?

Bunnies usually prefer company of their own kind. If she is neutered, you can get her a neutered male from a rescue. Some rescues will do the bonding for you. :)

If she has always had a companion, I would consider getting her a friend. Is it possible to bond her with your other bunnies? If not, there's plenty rescue buns just crying out for homes.

Is she spayed? I am assuming so if she was with a male bun, but if not, it would be worth considering as that usually calms down hormones and aggression.

She is already neutered, and I have tried bonding her with my other two. She doesn't get on with the other female :( does anybody know any rescues in the kent area?

A neutered male would be the best company for her..and introduced on neutral ground by an experienced bonder..good luck
and goodness..your user name will cause confusion!:lol:

No confusion meant! Literally just joined today in the hope of finding some help as to what to do with Nala and chose a name of a guinea pig I have! Thanks for help!x

She is already neutered, and I have tried bonding her with my other two. She doesn't get on with the other female :( does anybody know any rescues in the kent area?

Take a look here: http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/centres.asp :wave:
Also, some rescues here will rehome nationwide: BARC (bunnymadhouse), Honeybunnies (honeybunny) and some others. You may want to start a thread in the 'rabbit chat' section asking for rescues rehoming nationwide.

I'd suggest another health check before considering adopting a partner, any sudden behaviour change can be a sign of a health problem.

Agree with Tamsin.

Also did you bond on neutral area? Would you be willing to let a rescue try to bond them for a donation? I think Starlight's in Essex, near the border does bondings.

Back