• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Horrible Woman....

FarplaceRescue

Alpha Buck
I have just spoken to the most horrible woman in the world. She is a rabbit breeder in the north east (breeds lops, mini lops and german lops) and shows them - she has lots of rosettes. I have no problems with that, providing it's done responsibly.
She wanted to know if I would take in 3 rabbits that had been dumped on her. She has had them all for over a year. They are 3 does, 2 purebred lops and a cross-bred. She needs the space they are taking up, and so wants rid.
She told me they are unspayed and unvaccinated. She never vaccinates any of her rabbits. If they sneeze or start to get ill, they "go in the bin", because she cant have sick rabbits contaminating her breeding and showing stock. She never needs to see a vet.
I didnt know what to say to her. I just wish I could have taken these 3 poor bunnies.

:cry::shock: How aweful....Youd think that show-breeders would still have some respect for the animals well beings....cant believe she said that to you...:evil:

Im sure some show-breeders do ...but obviously not all:cry:

Sadly all too common :cry:

Celia at Kirkby Pet Welfare takes in buns from local breeders who just routinely kill any excess or unwanted stock.

I really hope those 3 bunnies are okay, but I doubt it :(

Absolutely disgusting!!! I know where I'd like to put her evil ***!!! Is she registered with the BRC. If so I'd report her.:evil:

Go in the bin :shock:

If they'd just been dumped on her and she had no space I can understand, but if she's had them over a year :?

Absolutely disgusting!!! I know where I'd like to put her evil ***!!! Is she registered with the BRC. If so I'd report her.:evil:

The BRC don't care unfortunately. They don't regulate their membership at all, just take their membership fee :roll: :(

Urrgh, it's like they're showing fluffy toys, not living animals, absolutely disgusting! And breeders wonder why they get talked negatively about!

I pity all rabbits that have to come into contact with her and others like her :(

I dont know. I only know her first name, phone number and area she lives in. Im tempted to just ring her back and say I will take them - but I dont have anywhere for them to go. I am concerned that my current accommodation is sub-standard, and that I am not giving the bunnies I have got the Best of Care..... But all mine are neutered and vaccinated. All mine get regular dental checks and any other health problems sorted.
If i took them, they would have to be in small hutches.... but they would be better off than staying where they are and risking "The Bin".
Because she bragged that she never sees the vet, does this mean that she kills these inferior bunnies herself???
I feel ill just thinking about it.

BTW I am sorting housing out. I know what to aim for, and we are "getting there" But its taking longer than I want it to.

Last edited:
I dont know. I only know her first name, phone number and area she lives in. Im tempted to just ring her back and say I will take them - but I dont have anywhere for them to go. I am concerned that my current accommodation is sub-standard, and that I am not giving the bunnies I have got the Best of Care..... But all mine are neutered and vaccinated. All mine get regular dental checks and any other health problems sorted.
If i took them, they would have to be in small hutches.... but they would be better off than staying where they are and risking "The Bin".
Because she bragged that she never sees the vet, does this mean that she kills these inferior bunnies herself???
I feel ill just thinking about it.

I think breeders usually break the necks of adult stock they don't want, and babies are drowned or suffocated.

However I've also heard of breeders killing rabbits with hammers. I don't know how though, probably a whack on the head?

I think breeders usually break the necks of adult stock they don't want, and babies are drowned or suffocated.

However I've also heard of breeders killing rabbits with hammers. I don't know how though, probably a whack on the head?

sickening :( sub-human people!

They won't care. They recently published an article on culling unwanted stock in Fur and Feather if I'm not mistaken - it's common practice and not frowned upon in BRC circles from what I hear.

There were a selection of axes on top of the hutches at the Lymington breeders last year.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

why why why.

Why breed and show them, seem so proud and then kill them. :cry::cry::cry:

Back