• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

new here and need help please guys :)

biffa90

New Kit
hi everyone!

im getting 2 baby rabbits on friday from the same litter and im not sure whether to get 2 males, 2 females or a male and female? anybody have any advice?

many thanks :wave:

The best coupling is generally thought to be male and female. However if you get a male and a female you will have to seperate them when theyre around 12 weeks old, and keep them seperate until they have been spayed/neutered at around 6 months old.
Same sex couples can work, but there is always the risk that they will fight as their hormones set in.

As Gemmapookie says, male/female is the best pairing but you'd need to keep them apart until they've been neutered.

Male/male is probably the most risky in terms of fighting, and a pair of boys must both be neutered as soon as the testicles drop or they could end up fighting and cause serious damage to each other.

By far the least stressful thing would be to get a single boy, have him neutered asap and then adopt a girly bun who is already spayed

Good luck :)

I've got two sisters from the same litter :wave:
They are coming up to 4 months now :)
Currently waiting for the hormones to start kicking in

Ours are sisters from the same litter. They had a big fight at about 12 weeks. We kept them separate or supervised together (mostly they were ok, but every now and then they'd kick off so we didn't dare leave them) until they were spayed, and now they're fine together :)

Like others have said I would go for male and female as this is the best pairing! I however do have two brothers from the same litter and they are now 15 months and they are fine (at the moment) and get on really well. They did have a minor scuffle at 4 months and I immediately took them to get neutered and they have been fine since.

The best coupling is generally thought to be male and female. However if you get a male and a female you will have to seperate them when theyre around 12 weeks old, and keep them seperate until they have been spayed/neutered at around 6 months old.
Same sex couples can work, but there is always the risk that they will fight as their hormones set in.

thankyou for the comments everyone.
if i get a boy and a girl, are they not likely to fight also or should they be ok?:)

Back