• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A sad story...

shelley

Mama Doe
my bunnies sister (from the same litter) died shortly after being adopted a few months ago :(

Lola was given to p@h along with her sister but they were slipt up and rehomed seperatly. Lola's sister, Summer, had already gone before i adopted her.

Summers new owner was having problems bonding her (like i am with Lola!) and took her to the vet to be checked out as she wasnt sure if she had actually been spayed or not. Even thought the previous owner had advised p@h that both girls had been spayed the other new owner was doubting this because they were so over weight and were both quite poorly when they were handed over to p@h, it made it look unlikely that they had been (the previous owner could have been lying about them being spayed i suppose to make them more adoptable)

Anyway the vet couldnt find a scar line and they advised that the only other way to check that she had been spayed was to open her up. They did the op and found that she actually had been spayed but whilst sewing her up she had a heart attack and died on the table :cry:

Poor Lola, if only she knew. Summer was her only friend through all those years alone (they were in seperate hutches) in a shed at the back of the garden, such a sad story to what should have been Summers happy ending. RIP little girl. I hope the new owner finds some comfort to, she must be feeling awful for putting her through that.

Thank you guys, its really sad. I cant stop thinking about it for some reason. I think its because i was starting to doubt that Lola had been spayed too, thats actually how the conversation started. I was thinking of taking Lola to the vet to see if they could find a scar too :shock:! And also i use the same vets that Summer died at and im taking Buster there next week for his HVD. Its all coincidence and it freaks me out that it could have been Lola, if the lady at p@h hadnt of told me this i dread to think what could have happened

It is really sad, there were so many outcomes that she could have had and i cant believe she's gone after a few weeks of being in her new home. She actually was more overweight than Lola, which is hard to imagine and she had apparantly done so well. She'd got over having statis and various UTI's and got slim enough to clean her bum, all that just to be defeated by a GA that she didnt really need :(

I'm so sorry :( Binky free Summer xxx

All two of Beano's siblings are dead :cry:

Im sorry to hear about his siblings, i spose i just feel sad because i's part of my buns family, though it sounds a bit silly as they dont know any different

Back