• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hutch flooring / heat

k.mdaniels

Alpha Buck
Hi

Just wondered what you recommend on putting on floor of hutches for the hot weather.

I have a two tiered hutch the bottom has papers on it but the top has carpet on it so Im going to take that off for now. I will replace it withe newspaper for now but just wondered would something like linoleum be better?

Also do any of you skoosh cold water on to your bunnies? I havent done it and I dont think they would like it but just thinking of ways to cool them down.

Lino is good. A lot of people on here Lino their hutches and sheds any way for easy cleaning :) there is also things called icepods which are good. Or bottles filled with water and then put in the freezer. I wouldn't recommend putting water on them other than in a fine mist. Tiles in the fridge for a while are also good :)

i use newspaper but have a large tile and ice pod at the bottom of hutch and rosie always flops out on the tile when its warm xx

I think its marble? thats supposed to retain the coolness i hot weather...

I usually wet my hands and give the buns a good rub all over and make sure their ears are abit wet on the ends too...this is in very hot weather though.They seems to enjoy it abit...:D

My 2 refuse to sit in their hutch. :roll:

I spray some ice cold water on one of the garden slabs in their run, they seem to like that PLUS it helps remove some moulting hair!

Back