• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hoovers

Shellypops

Wise Old Thumper
Mine is dead, Bunnies chewed the wire and blocked it to death. I can't cope without one because Bunnies live indoors. Anyone know of any hardy hoovers than can cope with hay and fluff?

Outside? That's amazing, how much did it set you back? If you don't mind me asking:)

Yes outside. :oops: Used to use it to get up the weeds inbetween the pathing and suck it up.

Have had it at least 3 or 4 years. Had another one that was from my mums old work place that shut down. Must have lasted about 20 years.

I think it was £79.00 from Currys. It was a bit more expensive from Argoes.

My mum has a hoover purepower (a bagged one), pretty good but does need fairly regularly declogging, but then we do have 9 bunnies inside.

To hijack this thread, I'm looking for an upright very light one, but still does the job really well, if anyone has any recommendations. :)

Nothing beats a henry or a dyson imo. Buckley hates Henry. Henry always shouts at Buckley for trailing hay all through the upstairs. So Buckley hides in my suitcase when Henry comes to play.

Dyson animal. Its great. My lot chewed thru the wire too so got a Dyson person round and they replaced the wire. I've had it for 8 years now and still going strong. Def worth it.

Love my dyson animal and handheld.

Are the dead dysons still under warranty? Parts are replacable.

Henry (probably don't bother with a bag though)

We used to use them at the theatre I worked in and they got filled up with washers, screws, bits of wire, nails etc etc

There's 3 Dyson Animals here (uprights) and honestly, I don't find them that great :? but all our previous 'normal' Dysons have been amazing. These always seem to have a breakdown at least once a month.

Henry's are good, but I have never found them powerful enough for me. But they do suck big lumps up without getting blocked!

Can't beat Karcher hoovers in my opinion, they are quite pricey but seriously worth it, we've had one going on 10 years and its never needed servicing. Never conked either.

:lol::lol::lol: Listen to me, with all my hoover experience. Anyone would think all I do is hoover all day!

I have a cheap as chips bagless vacuum cleaner and it is fab at picking up hay etc. On occasion i have to unblock the hose, but that is usually when i am being lazy and not picking up even the massive bits of hay first.

I've got a Hetty (female version of a Henry :lol:) & she's brilliant! I've got 2 house buns & 3 cats & she makes light work of all their fur/hay. I've had her for about 3 years & she's still going strong :wave:

well - we have a henry and its lasted for aaaaaages and aaaaages! Sucks up all my OH works dust etc and bits & pieces...but he has got it for his work...so at home I use some other one which I dont know what it is...BUT I hate having to lug them about the place...hence my search the other day for a dust buster for all the bits of fluff & fur that gathers with the buns etc....

But OH wants to get a IRobot.....it does it all for you on a timer and wizzes about....our friend has one and he thinks its great....it keeps the dust & general mess off the floor and you only have to "deep-clean" now & then. Obviously it cant do stairs.
He actually has 2 of them and one day the one went to the wrong charge station and then the other one sat there moaning cause it had no where to re-charge itself! :lol:

Dyson are brilliant but can get blocked and burn out easily

Hubby uses a Henry for work and wouldn't change..again as others have said cleans up all sorts

Back