• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Honeybunnies and raising money? Leics peeps

Grace65

Warren Veteran
I hope this is ok posting on here but after reading the heartbreaking thread about the buns i would love to do something for these poor buns, would it be possible for us peeps from leics or surrounding areas to do a bag pack in one of the supermarkets to raise funds? or what about doing a collection outside?

Thing is i dont know how to go about it all, i obviously need permission from jill and the supermarket, would anyone but up for it?

We could raise a bit of money for the buns treatment, plus it would be fun, anyone up for it?

Julie. xxxx

Last edited:
Great idea! You might have to keep bumping this thread in order to attract the attention of all of the Leic peeps.

I am in Liverpool and have pledged to raise £500 via www.cavycozies.com once my current fundraising target for All About the Animals has been reached.

thank you Julie x~We have had a fantastic response to these poor bunnies and all the support is very much appreciated
but..at present we have a few ideas coming along..and need to concentrate on those..we have literally been swamped with offers which is wonderful..and everyone means so much to us xx

perhaps members could arrange to do a huge bag pack for the PAP summer appeal..that would be great as all the rescues on here then benefit:D

Great idea! You might have to keep bumping this thread in order to attract the attention of all of the Leic peeps.

I am in Liverpool and have pledged to raise £500 via www.cavycozies.com once my current fundraising target for All About the Animals has been reached.

How do you get permission, i am just a regular person with no licence to collect for charity so any ideas would be welcome. xx

:wave: You need to read the charity commission website. There are strict rules covering what you are and aren't allowed to do but as far as I am aware you are allowed to sell things in aid of voluntary groups with no income tax or corporation tax liability as long as the beneficiaries of the monies are clearly identified. I am taking money for costs (ie. materials) on a pro rata basis (ie. per item), paypal fees, internet hosting costs and postage. This means that www.cavycozies.com is run as a fundraising project. This is different from a business where all of the materials and other costs would be owned by the company and the profits donated only once these costs had been covered.

If you are collecting on behalf of someone else then there are rules covering this and you need to check them out. I would imagine that most supermarkets would only let you bagpack in aid of a registered charity.

Back