• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's making me sad :(

Zahirre

Warren Veteran
I know everyone has the choice where to get their buns from...

But, I've seen so many threads etc about people getting buns from pet shops and breeders etc.

Normally, it doesn't bother me. It kind of is now though and it's probably due to the Honneybunnies thread. Poor Jill is taking on 29-34 buns who have been kept in terrible condition and is therefore going to struggle with space...

Bleh... Just feeling a bit sad :(

I take it one of the reasons was me postig 3mins befoe this.

Ive had a homecheck in the last 7weeks but no buns to suit and checking rabbits rehome alot.

I'm glad I got my boy, ok it was P@H but h was in the adoption section and had dental poblems and I'm glad I got him, they asked me nothing about knowing about dentals and dread to think what anyone on a wim who got him wouldn't have the knowledge to know the signsor the expense of one.

I would love to rehome some buns when my shed is finished but all the rescues are so far away from me and even those within a couple of hours are to far as I don't have transport or anyone willing to drive that far to pick a rabbit up :( Sadly not all people think the same way as me and find me quite odd that I would want to go out my way to do that. :(

I would love to rehome some buns when my shed is finished but all the rescues are so far away from me and even those within a couple of hours are to far as I don't have transport or anyone willing to drive that far to pick a rabbit up :( Sadly not all people think the same way as me and find me quite odd that I would want to go out my way to do that. :(

We can often organsise a bunny run so please bear us in mind when you're ready :wave:

There is that new rescue - sorry cant remember the name but she has posted on here that isn't too far awy. Newbiggin isn't that far away from me (well sort of) but would be happy to help drop some buns off for you. I'm away to find the link to the girl now

Ive had a homecheck in the last 7weeks but no buns to suit and checking rabbits rehome alot.

I'm glad I got my boy, ok it was P@H but h was in the adoption section and had dental poblems and I'm glad I got him, they asked me nothing about knowing about dentals and dread to think what anyone on a wim who got him wouldn't have the knowledge to know the signsor the expense of one.

I hadn't/haven't seen your post :wave: I meant I'm just sad generally because of the recent rescue situ :cry: Yes it is a bit disappointing when people "support" pet shops etc. However..... it certainly sounds like your bun needed an experienced home and would have been unlikely to find one easily so I'm pleased he's with you :wave:

As Fluffers metioned, honeybunnies is over 2 hours drive away from me and they arranged a bun run for me to adopt Gordon :love:

You're post reminded me of what I've been thinking but is in no way aimed at you, I promise! You simply reminded me of posting what was on my mind.

Everyone has their own choices and their own reasons for buying from a pet shop etc and I am in no way judging anyone for doing so. Goodness, two of my buns are from P@H.

Saying that, I've seen many buns there recently who I could quite easily have picked up who needed a loving home but, I know now that I cannot save them all.

What I can do, however, is respect those people taking all their time, energy and money to look after buns who have been through horrendous circumstances. I would so much rather give my money to a rescue who NEEDS it and who NEEDS space rather than a pet shop.

For me, it's not always just about the buns. It's about the people spending their lives looking after them and rescuing them. I may feel sorry for a bun in a pet shop but I feel much more inclined to help a rescue bun if I have the space and it's 75% down to wanting to help a rescue not necessarily helping a bun.

A general pro rescue discussion is ok, but please don't make it personal to people in particular as it will no doubt end up with a lock.

A general pro rescue discussion is ok, but please don't make it personal to people in particular as it will no doubt end up with a lock.

I don't think it was :D Just a case of crossed wires & a few assumptions :D:wave:

All cleared up & happy clappy now :D:wave:

I know about the new rescue near me but as of now I don't think that they have many buns in and all need neutered so would have to be kept singly.. Ideally :D I would love a bonded group of 3 for my shed when its done, the shed is 6x4 and the attached run will be 8x6 and they will get ample safe free range time in a bunny proof garden.

I promise it wasn't :) Just certain posts reminded me of what I'd been thinking anyway! I would never want to cause offense to anyone for a personal choice they had made or call them out on such a public forum...

It's simply based on a general opinion and nothing more...

I know about the new rescue near me but as of now I don't think that they have many buns in and all need neutered so would have to be kept singly.. Ideally :D I would love a bonded group of 3 for my shed when its done, the shed is 6x4 and the attached run will be 8x6 and they will get ample safe free range time in a bunny proof garden.

Well before long we will have 30+ 'new' rabbits to choose from plus the ones already waiting :shock: :( so you'll be spoilt for choice :)

Even from the adoption section where the money goes to rescues not the store. I wouldn't go in and pick one out, they always have black dutch in there but I waited and didnt then saw dizzee in the adoption section. wouldnt go out andgive p@h £30 noway/.

Even from the adoption section where the money goes to rescues not the store. I wouldn't go in and pick one out, they always have black dutch in there but I waited and didnt then saw dizzee in the adoption section. wouldnt go out andgive p@h £30 noway/.

All the money doesn't go directly to rescues. It goes to the Pets at Home charity, which in turn dishes it out and uses it for their own advertising. They do use that money to fund their own adoption scheme and fund the people who organise it. So, not all the money goes to rescues.

IMO If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Rescues can only operate by the goodwill of people adopting animals from them...so anyone who purchases a rabbit from pet shop or breeder rather than adopting a rabbit in need is actively preventing rescues from doing their good work.

shame it makes you sad :(, i personally think WOW lucky bunny getting a RUer as a new carer :love: :love: :love:

I'm in 2 minds...

One half of me thinks the same as you, the other half, I feel sad. Mostly for the people running rescues not necessarily the bunnies.

Back