• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding Advice after setback

mollyjoker

Mama Doe
Mabel and Smokey have been getting along fine after initial chasing and
fur flying.Have been ok for past 2 weeks .
This morning went down and Mabel's fur was everywhere looked like there had been a lot of bullying by Smokey.
Feel like seperating them as Mabel looks really stressed or do i stick with it.
Unfortunaetly cannot watch them all day to day.

Sadly without a bit more info about how this bonding has been done or what is happening with the bunnies' behaviour it's going to be very difficult to give advice, but if you have checked them over and there are any nicks, cuts, grazes and you can't watch them, then I would seperate.

If it's just fur then dependent on what else you are doing (size of area, other animals around, smells, sights etc) then I may be tempted to leave together.

Sorry but I dont' think anyone can really tell you what is best as we can't see the rabbits.

If you are in doubt about their safety you have no option really than to split in my opinion, until you can restart the bond at a time when you can watch until it's settled back down.

Sadly without a bit more info about how this bonding has been done or what is happening with the bunnies' behaviour it's going to be very difficult to give advice, but if you have checked them over and there are any nicks, cuts, grazes and you can't watch them, then I would seperate.

If it's just fur then dependent on what else you are doing (size of area, other animals around, smells, sights etc) then I may be tempted to leave together.

Sorry but I dont' think anyone can really tell you what is best as we can't see the rabbits.

If you are in doubt about their safety you have no option really than to split in my opinion, until you can restart the bond at a time when you can watch until it's settled back down.

Thanks for the advice ,my initial reaction is to seperate today and try this evening to see how they react.
We do get a few wild bunnies in the garden and this usually causes the trouble i think .
As yesterday when they were in the run a wildie was getting close and this provoked a chase.
Thanks again.

Back