• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scottish hill days - Ben Ledi

Crunchie

Warren Veteran
I organised this walk for a group of friends a few of whom weren't very experienced in hillwalking. Glad to say we all made it to the top and back down without any major incidents.

Ben Ledi is a Corbett just above Callander and has a clear path to the summit. Today we got a fantastic day for it and those of us who neglected to put on sun cream got cracking burns.

The team get ready to go
ledi002.jpg

The path winds its way steeply up through woodland
ledi004.jpg

But soon the open hillside can be seen through the trees
ledi005.jpg

The path was steep in places but it was relatively easy going
ledi008.jpg

Unfortunately I dropped my camera in a stream and had to use my phone to take photos after a certain point.
ledi011.jpg

ledi013.jpg

ledi014.jpg

Once we reached the top I noted the route to another Corbett (Benvane) leading down from the other side of our hill
ledi015.jpg

We got lovely views of Loch Lubnaig on the way back
ledi017.jpg

We took 4 hours to reach the top as we had one 58 yo with us who'd never done a hill and another of our number suffers badly from ahsma. We all had a great day though and after the walk went back for take away and sat in the garden and ate it all. :)

Last edited:
Back