• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When someone calls your buns rabbits 8-\

whitehood

Warren Veteran
Do you feel weird??
I gave Lucky and Jack names, I use them and I expect everyone in my family to use them when referring to them.

Yes they are rabbits, I only admit to this when registering with the vets and telling people what pets I have :)

We don't refer to humans as humans.. :p Well we do but we don't say those humans over there .. :roll:

When I try to talk about some of your buns[kinder way of saying rabbits] I say their names if I know them :]

I call them my rabbits and so does the family when we refer to them as a group. But we all call them by their pair names etc. E.g. Thumper and Blossom look so cute laying side by side only touching heads! Bella is still cleaning Skittles eyes bless her.
I don't get offened by it, only when people make them sound like a "low graded" animal, and say things like "why do you give them so much space, they;re only rabbits" .... that rials me right up!:censored:

My mum has no interest in the rabbits so I don't expect her to remember all 7 names, my grandma tends to say the names unless she's referring to them all. I call them 'the rabbits' too unless I'm only talking about one, much easier than saying 'oh I've fed Flash, Harley, Daiiro, Rory, Hadley, Baby and Nami'

My mum has no interest in the rabbits so I don't expect her to remember all 7 names, my grandma tends to say the names unless she's referring to them all. I call them 'the rabbits' too unless I'm only talking about one, much easier than saying 'oh I've fed Flash, Harley, Daiiro, Rory, Hadley, Baby and Nami'

:lol:

Ehh...I call them the rabbits. It's easier.

If I say to my boss "I need to leave early today to check on Skye cos she's poorly", chances are he won't know who I mean - replace "Skye" with "my rabbit" and all becomes clear.

I call them the rabbits when talking about both. But use their names if singularly.

It's a bit like calling a group of children 'kids' or 'children' I suppose x

Usually I'd use their names, or I'd call them 'the bunnies' rather than 'the rabbits' but I have referred to them like that before and it wouldn't bother me if other people did.

Aw, that's sweet of you to think like that! :) I say 'I'm going to say goodnight to the rabbits and guinea pigs'. But if I was saying something to them or about them specifically like the example you gave I'd say 'Beano and Gordon over there' not 'the rabbits over there'. My faimly call them the rabbits or it though. They always call Beano he!!

I kind of mind because they're a part of my family and everyone in my family has names :)

But that's just me

I call them rabbits/buns!

theirs no way everything i ask my siblings to help feed the buns im gona say

'can u help me feed' crunchie, rolo, smartie, albert, matilda, gracie and daisy!

i'd be there all day ha ! x

I get what you mean, but no, it doesn't bother me really. I expect guests to have respect for my pets, but I don't really expect them to know their names. Also, if you don't like animals, get out of my house or keep your opinions to yourself. :lol:

I don't mind and people do the same to humans, for example, I get asked how my brothers are and they all have names too

no, they are rabbits afterall. :lol: It would be like saying it's weird if someone called us "people" instead of calling us by our names, not really weird because people is what we are!! :p

Back