• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Plant ideas please

Snowberry

Wise Old Thumper
Could anyone tell me a good plant/herb that I can put in some pots for the bunnies? Ideally it needs to grow quite quickly and be easy to look after.

I dont mind what it is as long as its bunny safe! I am thinking I might do strawberry plants as I can eat the fruits and the bunnies love the leaves but does anyone have a better suggestion?

Mint is good, and pretty much unkillable - high in calcium though

Thyme, sage and lemon balm are all good too. Drought tolerant and lamon balm in particular is fast growing and hard to kill.

Or you could go for weeds, if you don't mind it looking a bit scruffy :lol: The Hay Experts do seeds of plantain etc I think.

If you would like pretty pots what about voilas my lot love them. I'm growing all sorts in my pots. Parsley, mint, rocket, basil, grass and strawberries.

All the above plus Thyme,which is a good natural wormer.I have tortoises and get seeds from ebay-not very pretty but a good natural diet for the torts and bunnies :wave::wave::wave:

Mint is good, and pretty much unkillable - high in calcium though

Thyme, sage and lemon balm are all good too. Drought tolerant and lamon balm in particular is fast growing and hard to kill.

Or you could go for weeds, if you don't mind it looking a bit scruffy :lol: The Hay Experts do seeds of plantain etc I think.

This! Mine grows sooo quickly even though I get a good handful of it frequently for Louie :D

lemon balm, rocket, dill, nasturtiums all seem to go down well with my lot (having to supplement with shop bought stuff at the mo though to give everything chance to replenish:roll:)

oooh - all of the above...and also Rosemary - mine adore it and enjoy nibbling on the twigs/branches too..its evergreen too - so great for winter months!:D

Back