• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you worm your rabbit

lollipop1982

Alpha Buck
I've picked a leaflet up from P@H about worming rabbits. They recommend using Panacur Rabbit Oral paste.

My question is does anyone worm their rabbit(s) and if so what do you use.

My vet advised against it. He said the cure is the same as the treatment and he compared it to us taking antibiotics "just in case". He said there was no need to medicate for something that hasnt happened yet.

I trust that advise tbh.

no, only when a new rabbit comes or a rabbit has shown EC symptoms then thats when i panaacured, with rosie and mowgli when they showed symptoms and did a 28day course and cleaning/disinfecting all areas

I was actually going to ask at the vets tomorrow to see what they recommended.

I'd never heard of worming rabbits tbh til i picked this leaflet up so just wanted other peoples advise on it. I dont want to giving the rabbits someothing if they dont nessecarily need it

No, tried it - but am on my own when it comes to my rabbit and Smudge WON'T take it. Vet said no need anyway unless other animals in area.

yes, with panacur.

There are new scientific studies indicating a strong benefit ec.

When I asked my vet here in Switzerland about they suggested Panacur Petpaste which is for cats, kittens and puppies. Does anybody know if this is safe for rabbits?

Is there anything that can be given to rabbits against external parasites such as ticks? I worry that the dog might bring some home.

Back