• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

horrified..maxine was screaming.....

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
poor wee maxine..her and elsee and melrin had stopped fighting thru their bars and merlin was washing ear tips thru the ladees cages:love:

so we decide to try bonding them....omg it was awful..usual fights...broom used to separate them:oops: i had got halfway upstirs to get the huge cardborad box to put them in where theyd have less space and couldt jump out of like the little pen wed put up. I heard this horrible sound..my head registered it..my heart leapt into my mouth but i was in total denial..the only other time ive heard a noise anywhere like it was the sound bite of those poor bunnies in china being skinned alive that was played in protest to donna karen in NY.:cry::cry:

shakily i scremaed whats that..nikki crying said omg its maxine..quick.

basically maxine and melrin had given up scuffling and were resting snuggling a bit...but then elsee decided to shake em up a bit..maxine went to run and elsee grabbed her and pulled her back..in this split second the screaming occurred:(

we found a teeny spot of blood on maxines hind foot and a narrow small smear across one cheek. no sign of wound tho:?

eventually after spending ages looking..we found it...a bit on her back across her spine..not wide open or looked deep...but it hurt like hell because theres no padding there. but after a long cuddle..which she expects and demands when tired or stressed bless her...nikki put her on the bed settee next to her to see if she could move ok.

her back end went all floppy.....her legs non responsive etc....omg shes done something to the spinal cord and shes paralysed her we thought...we were in tears..elsee had hidden peering round the divide...merlin was shaking like a leaf.....the scream had affected everyone...even bully bluebell came up to edge of settee to make sure maxine was still alive!!

suddenly dylan kitty jumped up to run round her...and sge suddenly sprang to her feet begging him to wash her ears aghain...and she was trying to wash his...again:oops:

what a relief!! shes ok......but she needs a vhd jab anyhoo and the vet can check,.,but its almost a scab already.

i left both ladees in the cages for 24hrs....and merlin in the pen......the stress made him have upset guts very badly..we had to wait for last night for it to dry a bit so it could be cut away and his fur shaved there:(

itys obvious both girlies are still hormonal....speying a shoret time frame before i got them from their rescues.

even so we could now see...maxine is a better match for merlin for now. I will have elsee running riot in my room in a day or so......maybe after 6 months mark both girlees will be less aggressive and we can make them a trio......if not..ah well elsee loves the cats..esp dylan and zuzu....so my room will be full of furry nutters:lol:

she was happy enough to nom nom trash the cage..flop.....snuggle her toy...dig her way through the plastic base..sit with her cheeky little face..before tipping her litter tray into her water bowl and laugjing..i swear she was!

elsees very quiet and a bit down..shes alive enough..wants food water cuddles and fusses....and dylan kittys attention:lol: But shes scared herself with what happned i reckon..shes been rubbing noseswith maxine through the cage bars......:shock:

for a wound not to be pouring with blood or taken a chunk out......i have had buns hurt each other or themselves in the past with bonding sessions...and this is the very first time ive had a bunny scream.......:shock:do you think its because its in such a bony area?

gods its blood curlding isnt it amanda...how did sunshine get hurt to do that?

its why i never stayed with my 1st bunny when she was pts..id been told by everyone that the arterty in the ear was where they injected it and the pain was so sudden but brief that the rabbits always screamed..i couldnt as id heard our cat screaming as his veins collapsed from the taxi..it was awful.

but maxine who is as crazy as a rabbit can be..adores the cats..loves to poop all over nikkis settee..scent marking it iguess......and trashing her cage throwing her food bowl and hiding yet another water bowl under her litter tray:lol::lol: shes a nutter!!

what an aweful fright....hope all buns are ok and eating and thankgoodness Maxine isnt too hurt...xx

Back