• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trio Bonding

Ditzy

Young Bun
My friend can no longer look after her rabbit (neutered female) and i am thinking of trying to bond her with my male+female pair.

When i bonded my pair, i split the hutch in half and they lived side by side for a couple of months (my doe didnt want to know him for ages so we went for a very slow approach)

Will i need to seperate my existing pair and start the whole process over again?

Have them in seperate quarters of the run living side by side. Both does are about 3 years old.

If i try it and it doesnt work out, will my origianl pair still get on?

The doe i am taking in lost her partner earlier this year and she has been on her own. If the trio bonding doesnt work out, will she be ok just living in the sight of the other rabbits? I am concerned she is lonely.

Thanks

Ditzy

My friend can no longer look after her rabbit (neutered female) and i am thinking of trying to bond her with my male+female pair.

When i bonded my pair, i split the hutch in half and they lived side by side for a couple of months (my doe didnt want to know him for ages so we went for a very slow approach)

Will i need to seperate my existing pair and start the whole process over again? No start bonding as a trio on neutral territory. Even better maybe approach a local rescue to see if they will bond for you for a fee bonding can be very stressful and requires a lot of time commitment

Have them in seperate quarters of the run living side by side. Both does are about 3 years old.Have they all been neutered for at least 6 weeks?

If i try it and it doesnt work out, will my origianl pair still get on? No real way of knowing but there is a possibility they wont

The doe i am taking in lost her partner earlier this year and she has been on her own. If the trio bonding doesnt work out, will she be ok just living in the sight of the other rabbits? I am concerned she is lonely.I would get a friend of her own and have two bonded pairs as long as you have the space and money

Thanks

Ditzy

Hi, :wave: I am just about to start bonding in a couple of weeks. How does it work using a rescue to bond? I have read you have to watch them 24/7 for 72 hours.... if they are in a rescue will they have long periods on their own? What if they fight during this time? does using a cattery/ small pet place work just as well? I am a VERY nervous bunny mamma right now!!! :?
Also they both have full run of the flat (obviously they take it in turns) so the flat smells of both of them, do I still need to try and neutralize everything before re-releasing them together (positive thinking!!! They WILL fall in love :love: )
xxx

Back