• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

If there was one thing..................

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
that you could do to help the bunnies needing re-homing.

What would it be?

Transport to and from?
Homechecks?
Fundraising?
Fostering?
Awareness days?
Help cleaning out at rescue centres?

Just wondering........................:roll::roll:

What would it be?

Transport to and from? - Don't have car :p Im 14
Homechecks?
Fundraising?
Fostering? - Don't have space
Awareness days? - wouldn'tmind
Help cleaning out at rescue centres? This!

Just wondering........................:roll::roll:

:wave:

Happy to do small bunny runs I'm not a confident driver

Already foster

Have cleaned out at rescues

Have volunteered at awareness days

Already do homechecks

Would do fundraising but don't have ideas

Cleaning out hutches etc means that you get to stroke, cuddle buns.:D:D:D:D
As does fostering.:D:D:D

I wish I could do it all but, I really don't think OH would be impressed.

D I V O R C E might be on the cards.:roll::roll::roll:

Actually can you imagine..........reason for divorce?

Passion for all things relating to bunnies and their welfare. :lol::lol::lol:

Currently I home visit, foster, do bunny runs when necessary, donate, awareness days, write articles, educate on a small level and help out in any way I can.

The next area I want to work on is wide level education to help prevent bunnies ending up in rescues.

I do a bit of cleaning already. If I *could*, I'd love to foster, and to help with transport too. I don't have space or a driving licence atm but maybe in future.

One time I was lucky enough to be able to transport a guinea pig, as my mum was driving me from my home back to hers, and by chance the guinea needed to make the same journey - it was so great being able to see him handed over to his lovely new owners, I was walking on air for a week :love: :love: Just wish I could do it more often!

The other tasks involve too much contact with humans :shock:

Currently I home visit, foster, do bunny runs when necessary, donate, awareness days, write articles, educate on a small level and help out in any way I can.

The next area I want to work on is wide level education to help prevent bunnies ending up in rescues.

Surely you could do more.................................:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I agree with your idea of the education. One day perhaps.........

I'm looking into helping clean out hutches at my local RSPCA, so I'd love to do that. I would also love to foster, although I would probably fail:oops:

I'm looking into helping clean out hutches at my local RSPCA, so I'd love to do that. I would also love to foster, although I would probably fail:oops:

I am sure you wouldn't fail. You would love doing it far too much!!!!!!:D:D

Good luck with helping out for RSPCA.

Being a failed fosterer is when you keep the bunny/ies, not let them go and be adopted elsewhere.

It's not quite like failing at other things.

It's the BEST fail!

What would it be?

Transport to and from?
Homechecks?
Fundraising?
Fostering?
Awareness days?
Help cleaning out at rescue centres?

Transport: I have a car and I'm a confident driver, but the petrol money would be my main concern. If people can offer me the petrol money and one of the destinations is near my home so I don't spend all day driving, I'd be happy to help doing that

Homechecks: As long as it's vaguely nearby I'm happy to help do that - I keep an eye on the homecheck board here but none have come up near me :lol:

Fundraising: I'm happy to help with that :)

Fostering: No way can I foster - my mom and stepdad were so lovely about letting me have my 2 move back in when I did, there's no way I could even broach the subject with them. My mom is VERY houseproud which also extends to the garden ;)

Awareness days: Also happy to help, but commitments get in the way sometimes...

Help cleaning out: I get back problems (damn boobs), so I prefer to do the above if possible :oops: Sounds really lazy doesn't it?

I don't foster for a rescue, however i do offer to help when i can.
I already fostered one bunny from the forum and should be fostering 2 more in the next few weeks.

I'd like to do fundraising, but, selfishly, if i was to fundraise, it would be for the ronald mcdonald houses at hospitals, because when my son was in hospital, that place was a godsend (one day, they had a hairdresser in from toni and guy to cut our hair for us. it was so nice to have half an hour away from the ward and to feel like a person for a while, not just the mother of a sick child)

I'd do awareness days.
I already try and raise awareness - my friends are sick of me banging on about rescue animals and minimum space requirements ;)
already managed to convince 1 friend to get her rabbits from a rescue :D

I'd love to help cleaning out etc at a centre, but there are none within easy distance to me especially since I don't drive.

Hi,
I'd be happy to do all of those things and having just got back into bunnies I'm even started researching how difficult setting up my own rescue would be.

But it would be nice to be able to educate everyone, so there was no need!
:)

Back