• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The 29 upsetting pics update pt 108

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
picked up 7 more of the large group and sadly some are in a very poor state:cry:

First grey nethie doe now Pipit..seems fine apart from overweight and long nails

pipit.jpg

then another nethie..again long nails but fine..Flamingo

Flamingo.jpg

And a lop doe, now Goose..this is the cage she has been living in you can see how high the bedding and droppings are

goose.jpg

Then a pair of lop girls first Dove seems ok but messy bum and doesn't know how to move about

dove.jpg

Then her friend, Swan,..sadly this girl does not know how to stand/sit up as the build up of filth in their cage was so bad they only had about 6 inches of space ..she has a very messy bum and will need to learn how to stand up/hop:cry:

swan.jpg

her bum
swansbum.jpg

Then Finch..a buck..very messy underneath, very sore hocks, very underweight. After vet check found to have dreadful molar spurs but needs building up a bit before can have a ga to sort out

finch.jpg

His bum..shows sore hocks and his genitals are very gummed up as his scent glands were cemented with filth:cry:

finchbum.jpg

This is the carrier he has been living in:cry:

finchcage.jpg

and some of the thick filth which explains his sore hocks..it was about 4 inches deep and rotting at the bottom

finchfilth.jpg

Lastly we come to the one that made me cry..Canary

canary.jpg

A very sweet, very underweight girl who was covered in huge clumps of poo and urined matted fur...when cleaned off a bit her skin is raw all over her legs and tum..one of her legs is malformed.
Vet found her to have molar spurs and said Canary was the worse case of rabbit neglect he had ever seen:cry:

her underside

canarysbum.jpg

her legs after some of the muck had been taken off

canarysbumm.jpg

A dreadfully sad situation..:cry::cry:

Huge thanks to Ange(thumpinbun), Cathy H and Kate B for fostering extras to help with these rabbits..couldn't do it without you

Last edited:
Poor bunnies hopefully something can be done. I know there is no excuse but I would imagine the lady was too poorly to care for them at least she sought help in the end.

oh dear god those poor rabbits, ill get making some sort of arrangement for fundraising to help you out with these i wish i could help any other way!

omg jill :shock::cry: i know shes dying but how on earth could anybody let an animal live in those conditions :cry: i so wish i could help

omg jill :shock::cry: i know shes dying but how on earth could anybody let an animal live in those conditions :cry: i so wish i could help

All I can say is having a go at the lady will not make any difference.....I kept my mouth firmly shut until I got in my car..then cried and swore all the way home
I still have others to collect and at present have no space..so worried about them:cry:

:shock::shock::shock: That's sickening:( Poor buns. Has the lady's condition affected her mind? Can she be 'excused' (for want of a better word as IMO...there is no excuse) for their condition because of her illness?

I really don't know what to say Jill. I am so upset.

You know I will raise as much cash as I can to help these poor rabbits.

xx

Awfulness :( I hope they thrive under your care Jill.

Are some/all of them related? There seem to be a lot with broken dutch markings and blue eyes.

taking deep breaths trying to stop the tears
......u are doing the right thing hun i dont think i could of helped telling her what i think but u have to think of the others that are still there dont u?
i dont no if i want an answer to this but gonna ask anyway....how manys left and wen do u get em?

oh gosh that's so sad. :cry: Thank goodness their past owner decided to do what's best for them and get them to a rescue. Well done for taking them on. I admire people who run rescues like you. :)

I am crying now
Those poor bunnies
Words cannot express....

Same here :cry:

I defy anyone not to be touched by those photos, It's such a terribly sad situation and those poor defenseless creatures who rely on us humans to do right by them have been let down badly.

Let us know how we can help best please Gill

Poor bunnies, so sad but you are right, no amount of moaning at the owner will help.

You will let us know if there is anything we can do to help - perhaps some Tesco/Asda or Sainsbury gift vouchers to help buy tasty veggies and supplies?

Back