• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

fenugreek crunchies

rolo

Alpha Buck
Hi all,

I know alot of you peeps give your buns these treats. Its been in the news that the fenugreek seeds/sprouts are the ones that are infected with the e.coli bug that has been in Germany.

The bug is already in the seed and cannot be washed out.

Just thought I'd put it out there incase it could affect any buns.

Rach x

Daisy says she is willing to take the risk as life without FCs isn't worth living!!

On a more serious note I'm assuming the crunches would be baked somehow wouldn't that kill the e-coli?!

I should think the ones that are being sold now will have been made long, long before the outbreak. might even tell you the date on the packaging.

Daisy says she is willing to take the risk as life without FCs isn't worth living!!

On a more serious note I'm assuming the crunches would be baked somehow wouldn't that kill the e-coli?!

That's what I thought:?

Thanks for warning us:)

Ohh thanks for the warning. I bought mine ages ago so they should be ok.

Do you think the science selective pellets that have fenygreek taste in them would be affected? I've just bought a brand new bag :lol:

I don't think it's anything to worry about. As others have said, they are baked and the risk is only in the sprouting, live seeds.

Milo agrees with Daisy. Life is not worth living without crunchies!

Back