• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thinking about waiting to bond now. *feel free to ignore, im just thinking out loud*

I know what many of you are going to say to this thread, so theres probably no point to it, but ill post anyway. Im just getting my thoughts out.

Some of you may know that i planned on bonding Skye before she was spayed and spaying her at 5-5 n half mths in the hope that i would avoid causing problems between the three of them.

Ive decided that weather she bonds or not, she will not be going back to where i got her from, so i have the option to wait until she is 6 months before spaying and bonding. Then if the bond doesnt work, she would be an indoor single bun, if shes a terror indoors then ill look into rescuing a neutered buck and housing her outside. Outdoor accomodation isnt really an issue now, but id have to look into weather i can afford a 4th bun. - Does anyone have a single bun living outdoors? Do they seem happy?

If she clearly seems unhappy as a single bun, she would be rehomed, but im not letting her go back to where i got her from and she will be spayed and vaccinated, regardless.

Opinions. :wave:

ETA: If i end up with 3 singles, or one of my current pair single, then ill cross that bridge when i come to it!

Last edited:
I know what many of you are going to say to this thread, so theres probably no point to it, but ill post anyway. Im just getting my thoughts out.

Some of you may know that i planned on bonding Skye before she was spayed and spaying her at 5-5 n half mths in the hope that i would avoid causing problems between the three of them.

Ive decided that weather she bonds or not, she will not be going back to where i got her from, so i have the option to wait until she is 6 months before spaying and bonding. Then if the bond doesnt work, she would be an indoor single bun, if shes a terror indoors then ill look into rescuing a neutered buck and housing her outside. Outdoor accomodation isnt really an issue now, but id have to look into weather i can afford a 4th bun. - Does anyone have a single bun living outdoors? Do they seem happy?

If she clearly seems unhappy as a single bun, she would be rehomed, but im not letting her go back to where i got her from and she will be spayed and vaccinated, regardless.

Opinions. :wave:

ETA: If i end up with 3 singles, or one of my current pair single, then ill cross that bridge when i come to it!

Not sure what to say, as i'm no expert, but i will say good luck, hope it all works out for you! and of course you'll have to keep us all updated! :wave:

Zoidberg seemed happy enough by himself though before we got Mary....

Blossom lived alone for years before i got her and 8 months when here. She craved company though and i felt mean having her alone. Now she's bonded with the other 3, she's so much happier and you can really tell. :love: I hope Skye bonds with Marley and Dolly but personally i'd wait until she's spayed. X

I think you are doing the right thing! Good luck!

I am really nervous about bonding, I keep putting it off.

i know quite a few people who have unspayed does successfully bonded, particularly when bonded young, although as you no its not really suggested. I have to say my least friendly bun is benji who was bonded with lilou when he was 10weeks which i think is partly because he didnt have much interest in human contact when he had a bunny friends. My bunnies who where single and bonded to of for a while have remained friendly. Im sure personality is prob a factor too though.

I think you are doing the right thing! Good luck!

I am really nervous about bonding, I keep putting it off.

Ive been putting it off too, i read loads and loads of threads and info and i get some confidence, then i read something else and i get nervous again :lol:

Ill just wait until shes spayed, i think. Will also get my vets opinion on Friday, shes pretty good :)

If you struggle with bonding alone I'm still willing to give a hand too :wave:

Thanks Steph :) Ive had quite a few offers, ill have to have a different person come help me every day, keep me sane! :D

Last edited:
I've just finished bonding my 2 unspayed girls to my neutered male..:oops: it was very, very easy. i didn't have to interfere once. :) not saying yours will/wont be easy..just thought i'd share a 'success story' (probably just jinxed it:lol:)

I've just finished bonding my 2 unspayed girls to my neutered male..:oops: it was very, very easy. i didn't have to interfere once. :) not saying yours will/wont be easy..just thought i'd share a 'success story' (probably just jinxed it:lol:)

I know :D Ive just been reading your other thread, congratualtions :D :D :D

I just hope mine goes ok :shock:

just found this thread go for it :D
but yh maybe wait till after shes done im not sure tho i couldnt wait with amy tho but she was 10 times the size of skye :)
also ant seems to be alot happier in vals chiken coop combo
so if u need a friend for her :lol:

Back