• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How do you stop your indoor buns eating....

MillyLop

Warren Scout
your Christmas Tree?????? :oops::lol:

Call me stupid for asking this in.. JULY!! :shock: but Miley is going to have free range of our living room this Christmas for the first time... and I can't think of a way to protect our Christmas Tree :oops::roll::lol:

I love Christmas.. it's my favourite time of year, and can't imaging not having a tree, but it's artificial with fake snow on it and if she tried to eat it, i'm sure it could really upset her :( and if she bit through the lights that would do even more damage!! :( so how do you stop your buns getting to them??

i know.. i'm mental!! :lol::D

Theres only one way, buy a very small xmas tree and put it somewhere very high up! :lol:

:lol: yes good idea!! i guess we'll have to store away our beautiful big Christmas tree until we get a bigger house and Miley has her own bedroom :D

:wave: great idea!! but i'm not sure that would stop my Miley.. she can be a very determined bun :lol:

you can buy taller ones from ebay.

the regular ones, it's easy for them to jump over.
but you can buy 3 foot tall puppy pens and i think (although not certain) you can buy 4 foot ones as well

you can buy taller ones from ebay.

the regular ones, it's easy for them to jump over.
but you can buy 3 foot tall puppy pens and i think (although not certain) you can buy 4 foot ones as well

oh i didn't realise you can get them that tall! i'll have a look around.. although we usually have our tree next to our sofa (it's the ony place we can really have it) so there would be nothing stopping her climbing up onto the arm and having a quick nibble :roll::lol: think we'll probably end up scrapping the tree and just getting lots of other decks to make up for it :lol:

your Christmas Tree?????? :oops::lol:

Call me stupid for asking this in.. JULY!! :shock: but Miley is going to have free range of our living room this Christmas for the first time... and I can't think of a way to protect our Christmas Tree :oops::roll::lol:

I love Christmas.. it's my favourite time of year, and can't imaging not having a tree, but it's artificial with fake snow on it and if she tried to eat it, i'm sure it could really upset her :( and if she bit through the lights that would do even more damage!! :( so how do you stop your buns getting to them??

i know.. i'm mental!! :lol::D

i,ve never done this but have seen it, instead of a tree, you get branches of curly hazel, bunch it up and suspend it from a curtain pole. its like an upside down thing looks very nice.

i,ve never done this but have seen it, instead of a tree, you get branches of curly hazel, bunch it up and suspend it from a curtain pole. its like an upside down thing looks very nice.

oooh this sounds cool! like willow twigs, we could maybe have lights on them aswell as she wouldn't be able to reach them! OR we have a large shelf storage unit over our tv (tv unit - fab for hiding cables fyi!! we did buy it in a uk ikea but can't seem to find it on the site anymore :?) and we could have a garland or twigs on top with lights intwined!! oooohh i'm liking this idea!! :D thanks!!

oooh this sounds cool! like willow twigs, we could maybe have lights on them aswell as she wouldn't be able to reach them! OR we have a large shelf storage unit over our tv (tv unit - fab for hiding cables fyi!! we did buy it in a uk ikea but can't seem to find it on the site anymore :?) and we could have a garland or twigs on top with lights intwined!! oooohh i'm liking this idea!! :D thanks!!

glad to help!! merry christmas!!

em x

We moved Rolo-bun upstairs for the festive season. He wasnt very happy, but my tree lived to tell the tale. Cant say much about the lights though, he snapped through them in blink of an eye when they were on the landing waiting to back in the loft! He was soooooo quick, he was a furry blur! prob payback for banishing him to the first floor.:roll:

Rach x

We have a 6ft (fake) tree that stands on a table about 2ft off the floor. the height the branches are are not reachable and the bunnies are not interested in getting on the table.

We moved Rolo-bun upstairs for the festive season. He wasnt very happy, but my tree lived to tell the tale. Cant say much about the lights though, he snapped through them in blink of an eye when they were on the landing waiting to back in the loft! He was soooooo quick, he was a furry blur! prob payback for banishing him to the first floor.:roll:

Rach x

:lol::lol: oh dear!! sorry about your lights!! i'm not sure Miley would be too pleased moving upstairs either :lol:

We have a 6ft (fake) tree that stands on a table about 2ft off the floor. the height the branches are are not reachable and the bunnies are not interested in getting on the table.

this is a good idea too thanks! not sure our ceilings are tall enough for this though :oops:

For me its how to stop cats from climbing and chewing the tree :roll:

My buns don't bother it but then they're supervised when roaming the living room.

I love Christmas but I haven't had a Christmas tree up for the 3yrs I've had D&D but mainly because the only place it can go is one of their favourite snooze places :roll: I wouldnt dare mess with their snoozings :lol:

Back