• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Heard something interesting in P@H today...

Julia123

Warren Veteran
Popped in to get some dog food, while their overheard the girl on the till on the telephone....

She was calling someone who had got their buns from there, asking how they were, recommending it would be time to neuter soon and discusing their behavior etc!

I really didn't know they did follow ups! Will never agree with buns being sold in shops but this did lift my heart a little.

Not all pets at homes are bad you know.
When I bought Jack from pets at home they explained both vaccs and neutering :)

The P@H I work in (I work at the Companioncare vets) they are really brilliant, they will refuse sales to people they don't like/don't have a big enough set up and they always mention vaccs and neutering and send them down to us to ask questions.

If someone adopts a rabbit they have to sign something to say they will get it neutered and they give them a £20 off voucher for neutering.

Their main downfalls come from the rules they have to follow from head office, such as if a person buys 2 rabbits they have to have the same sex so as not to promote breeding (which is good in some ways, bad in others) and they have to sell sawdust and the small hutches etc. Unfortunately there is nothing they can do about that as it all comes from the top :(

I got three phone calls when we got a piggy from there last year! I love my pets at home and have no problems with them. :wave:

Back