• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies in the bedroom?

VikkiVet

Mama Doe
Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice on what its like to have rabbits living in their bedroom?

I have a lovely new house next year, with loads of space outside for their weny house and run, but one of my housemates is allergic to rabbits so if they are inside they have to be in my room.

I was thinking of whether it would be feasible/sensible to have them in my room over winter if the weather is as bad this year as the last 2 years. Are they really noisy and disruptive at night? do you get used to them and sleep through it or do they constantly wake you up?

I work really long hours so really need the hours of sleep I get when not on call.

Any experiences or ideas would be great! :wave::wave:

They are loud! But mainly at dawn and you learn the things that make them noisey and then learn how to prevent that happening. I love it and wouldn't change it for the world though. :love:

Mine are in my bedroom (along with two hamsters and a cockatiel).
They don't really wake me up a lot. They're free range so obviously now and then I do get jumped on but I wouldn't say they're really noisy or anything.

Im used to it now...the scurries, the drink bottle rattling a bit and the crunching of noms.
Its not bad at all.But theyre only little.......its more bother with the cats if Im honest.:roll:

Poppet is silent she has free range most the day and huggle ant bed time for an hour then she goes in her crate curls up and sleeps:)

bell was was in my room one night and drove me bonkers!!!!!!

to be fair im a cranky so n so and if i dont get a good nights sleep boy do you know about it so it really wasn't her fault :oops: :lol:

she is also caged at night so that was where the problam lay. she was 'thump thump' all night and then at 5 started rattling her bars :shock: then she decided that it was brekkie time and repeatedly picked up her toy ball and dropped in in her food bowl as it made a lovely 'ting' noise :roll:

yup now her and jazz are in the kitchen :) mummeh gets sleep and everyones happy :lol:

we nearly always have buns in the bedroom and we just sleep through any noise. My tip is not to put them in a cage as they will rattle it etc - just let them free range

I had Piglet and Eeyore (and then Alvin for a while) in my room for around 3 years, loved having them round all the time :love: Piglet used to wee on my bed so had to put plastic on it, they can be quite loud but you soon get used to it. Miss having bunnies in my room now!

Oh one thing I would say... If they're free range, make sure there's somewhere more interesting than your bed!
My bunnies have the sofa with a throw on it, and that's where they sleep on a night. Means I get left alone :lol:

Oh one thing I would say... If they're free range, make sure there's somewhere more interesting than your bed!
My bunnies have the sofa with a throw on it, and that's where they sleep on a night. Means I get left alone :lol:

It's not great being wooken up by a bunny arriving on yoru head but there is something very special about going to sleep with a bunny curled around your head or waking up snuggling with a bunny.

And I must admit I did quite like being woken up by Badger using his whiskers and peering in my face to see what the hell I was doing and why I wasn't moving. :love::love::love::love:

It's not great being wooken up by a bunny arriving on yoru head but there is something very special about going to sleep with a bunny curled around your head or waking up snuggling with a bunny.

And I must admit I did quite like being woken up by Badger using his whiskers and peering in my face to see what the hell I was doing and why I wasn't moving. :love::love::love::love:

I get binkies to the head :lol: And I have a cut down my arm where Mils binkied on me in the night.
Charlie woke me up at 4am for the greatest cuddle in history :love: Snuggled into me while I stroked him and he groomed my pillow, which was followed by the words biggest happy flop :love:

Pie was free range and used to sleep in the bedroom with me and OH - free range still.
Occasionally she would wake us up but hopping into her cage for a wee or to eat but very rarely. She used to sleep under the bed, underneath my OH :love:
She also used to wake me up at 8AM like clockwork by jumping on my pillow and nibbling my hair to wake me up. I loved having her in the bedroom, she was no trouble at all and no longer wee's on the bed or chews wires. :love:

Back