• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Silly Boblet

catxx

Mama Doe
He's overdone it on the grass and I think has a tummy ache again. Gets up, flops, gets up, flops in a different direction. Had a reluctant syringe of peppermint tea and have now left him to relax a little. Still sitting up and cleaning himself but is definitely uncomfy. Has a perfectly clean little botty (he's very good at keeping himself clean) and has been pooping normal poops while feeling like this. Turned down a Crunchie though :(

Silly Boblet! Eyes bigger than his tummy!

He's had enough of me and gone to hide in their bedroom. I hope he perks up soon :( it's £150 just to walk in the door of the emergency vets, I'm meant to be using that money for my dad's 60th next week.

Clover gets like this - he has Gripe Water, a wrap in a fleece and tummy rubs, but if that fails it;s off to the vets.

ahhhhhhhhh! he's had a bit of peppermint tea but he does still seem to be doing the odd poop, just found a nice big one. a little fragrant though!

how do you give the best tummy rubs? I've given him little ones but he hates being picked up and overly fussed!

I have a bit of Domperidone left over from his bout of grumpy gut in April, would that make any difference?

he delicately took a carroty from me, interested in eating it but put it down and stared at me. he wasn't taking anything earlier so I think the tummy rub he had 10 minutes ago might have done the trick. fingers crossed!

is it possible to get metacam to have to hand in case they need it? is it only by injection? last time when he was really bad and I did take him to the vets the metacam fixed him right up within half an hour, I just wish it wouldn't cost me around £150+ from the emergency vets!

I moved him from the hutch down to the litter trays (they just don't toilet outside their litter trays!), he gave me a big stomp and bounced over to the other tray - I put him in the wrong one. :roll:

With Clo he sits on my lap on a fleece, I put my hands under the fleece either side and gently rub his sides in a circular motion - seems to work well for him.

You can get metacam that is syringed, but your vet would only want you to have it for specific purposes.

If he's passing poops that's a good sign. Make sure you keep him warm if you can't get to the vets tonight.

You could always phone the vet for advice :)

he was still stretching, but bounded over eager for a carroty this time! so he's definitely feeling better now.

gonna get OH to cut the grass tomorrow, hopefully that'll calm him down a bit - he jumped about 2ft in the air and did a massive binky when I let them out after work :roll:

With Clo he sits on my lap on a fleece, I put my hands under the fleece either side and gently rub his sides in a circular motion - seems to work well for him.

You can get metacam that is syringed, but your vet would only want you to have it for specific purposes.

If he's passing poops that's a good sign. Make sure you keep him warm if you can't get to the vets tonight.

You could always phone the vet for advice :)

and thanks! I wouldn't be able to get Bob in my lap I don't think, he'd only tolerate it for about 30 seconds! But I did give his belly a good rub and that seems to have worked.

hopefully he'll be improved again by the morning after some snuggle time with Pat and a good snooze. the emergency vets are hit and miss with their bunny knowledge. my regular vets are only 9-5.

Back