• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Buddy is home

Leximo

Young Bun
We brought him home at 4pm after his neuter, the procedure went fine and he didn't seem too grumpy with me :D As soon as he got home he ate a few pellets, drank water, pooed and peed! I'm still keeping a close eye on him

He has dissolvable stitches and he is going in for a check up at 9am tomorrow, then another appointment in 10 days :) I am so relieved everything went well!

He has been licking at the wound area, however I have checked the stitches and they appear fine, and I'm pretty sure the oozing has stopped. My vet has made me aware of stasis if he stops pooing, anything else I should look out for? x

Sounds as though he is doing really well :D

As your Vet said, make sure he continues to eat, poop and wee. I would not let him jump up onto anything tonight and I hope all goes well with his check-up in the morning. He may be a bit bruised and swollen and your Vet may decide to give him some more anti-inflammatory pain relief :)

Back