• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Luckys bleeding :(

whitehood

Warren Veteran
I came from school went upstairs to the attic to check on Lucky, today I forgot to knock on the door, to make Lucky realise someone was outside without suddenly opening the door and startling him.
He was doing a dead bunny flop..
I quickly went to him to see him and he quickly got up and ran around the whole room frightened.
I later noticed there were blood trails in the path he ran ..
So I checked him, and his foot was bleeding .. :cry:
I wiped it with lukewarm water and gave him the baytril aswell -
I'm going to go up again and wipe it with cool boiled and salt solution :(

Will the baytril help to heal the wound?
I'm going to wipe it with cool boiled water mixed with salt to prevent infection :(

Was it alot of blood? Any noticable injuries? Are all the nails present, could he of ripped one out?

Does it look deep? If so or if it keeps bleeding then he may need the vet. I would also think he would need Baytirl over a period of time, not just once off.

Was it alot of blood? Any noticable injuries? Are all the nails present, could he of ripped one out?

It wasn't a bit and it wasn't a lot.
It was under his fur on his foot.
I didn't check the nails thoroughly :shock:
I'll go check in 5 minutes.

My vet would prescribe Baytril for a injury anyway so the fact he's already on it for his URI is not a bad thing but I'm thinking along the lines that if the injury is severe he may need stiches, pain meds etc so it would still be a good idea to consult a vet.

My vet would prescribe Baytril for a injury anyway so the fact he's already on it for his URI is not a bad thing but I'm thinking along the lines that if the injury is severe he may need stiches, pain meds etc so it would still be a good idea to consult a vet.

I'm going to check on him right now to check the wound and how severe it is
And his nails.

Thanks all.

Also does any one know how many tea spoons of salt I should put in a cup of cooled boiled water?

I have checked up on him.
His foot is fine now and all nails are in place.
He probably scratched his hock while he was running rapidly :(

Ps. He cleaned all the blood off so it was hard to find which hock it was. But found a little bit of red fur.

Back