• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spaying

cazzat1979

Warren Scout
Hiya
Sorry to ask whats already been asked before,Minnie is being spayed on Tuesday,i am dropping her off but the other half is collecting her as i cant,and i know he wont remember what the vet tells him about aftercare:oops:

So coud you give me a few tips to tell him,i have vet bed in her cage already,do i still leave the hay in her litter tray or put it on the floor? and do i just leave her be just offer her food etc?

Cheers Caroline

General anaesthetics play havoc with their ability to control their body temperature, so its very important to ensure she is warm and cozy. If its a cool day, a snuggle safe or hot water bottle might help. Remove any levels or ramps etc from her cage as they can be very wobbly, again due to the GA.
They quite offen feel too poorly to move after the op, so I would put hay on the floor within easy reach of her. Keep offering her her bowl/bottle of water, as again she may be too tired and poorly to seek it out herself.
For the first few hours I would leave her in a quiet place with dim lights to sleep and relax, except for offering her water. After that you can try her favourite veg and herbs by putting them under her nose. Dont panic too much if she doesnt want to eat, its very normal after a spay. My doe Tilly didnt eat after her spay until the net morning.
Good luck to you and your little one :wave:

General anaesthetics play havoc with their ability to control their body temperature, so its very important to ensure she is warm and cozy. If its a cool day, a snuggle safe or hot water bottle might help. Remove any levels or ramps etc from her cage as they can be very wobbly, again due to the GA.
They quite offen feel too poorly to move after the op, so I would put hay on the floor within easy reach of her. Keep offering her her bowl/bottle of water, as again she may be too tired and poorly to seek it out herself.
For the first few hours I would leave her in a quiet place with dim lights to sleep and relax, except for offering her water. After that you can try her favourite veg and herbs by putting them under her nose. Dont panic too much if she doesnt want to eat, its very normal after a spay. My doe Tilly didnt eat after her spay until the net morning.
Good luck to you and your little one :wave:

Thanks xx

Ideally she'll need to be kept indoors overnight (if an outside bun).

Also make sure your OH checks that the vets have administered pain relief.

Ideally she'll need to be kept indoors overnight (if an outside bun).

Also make sure your OH checks that the vets have administered pain relief.

She's a inddor bun :) I will say about pain relief when I go in but get him to double check,aare they ment to give u anything to take home?
X

Back