• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A couple of quick questions!

steveg

Warren Scout
Sorry, I've searched but can't find the answer - what is EC?

Also, how long does your rabbit sleep for at one time? I've watched Peter when he falls asleep in the house and it's only for 10 minutes or so at a time. I'm assuming he must sleep for longer spells outside, but it's so hard to tell.

Sorry, I've searched but can't find the answer - what is EC?

Also, how long does your rabbit sleep for at one time? I've watched Peter when he falls asleep in the house and it's only for 10 minutes or so at a time. I'm assuming he must sleep for longer spells outside, but it's so hard to tell.

EC is Encephalitozoon cuniculi, or E-cuniculi. It's horrible and makes buns very poorly or can kill them. I panacur my buns twice a year to prevent it.

My buns never close their eyes in front of us! I have seen them nod off though with their eyes open, only lasts 5-10 minutes. They sleeps properly when you isn't looking!

My buns like to sleep from 11am - 4pm :lol:

Most buns are most active at dawn & dusk, and most like a good long snooze during the day. Some will wake up between snoozes for a nibble, litter tray visit etc, other just zonk out. I guess part is due to their nature, how relaxed they are etc, and part is due to where they are - if they feel really safe to have a good long snooze.

There are days when Buttercup will go in his tunnel for a sleep and I won't see him for hours :roll:

EC is Encephalitozoon cuniculi, or E-cuniculi. It's horrible and makes buns very poorly or can kill them. I panacur my buns twice a year to prevent it.

My buns never close their eyes in front of us! I have seen them nod off though with their eyes open, only lasts 5-10 minutes. They sleeps properly when you isn't looking!

panacaur does not prevent E.C its used as treatment when a bun has E.C, then they have 30days treatment with it.
;)

its also a wormer which should be used to worm bunnies if they have worms :)

I don't think panacur prevents it's used to treat
Read this, this is what missfloppyears wrote on my thread :)

Back