• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What will the neighbours think?

attilathebun

Mama Doe
Just spent the last 20 minutes running around my garden bare foot and in my dressing gown trying to catch 2 escapee bunnies whilst calling out their names at the top of my voice and rattling their bowl of pellets :shock:

I let them out into their run early and settled down for a nice cuppa and a read of the paper. Guess my shock when I look out of the kitchen window to see 2 white bunny bottoms at the top of the garden which shouldn't be there!

We don't let our rabbits free range because the garden is not bunny proof. There is a small gap down the side of the garage and now, it appears Millie has discovered just a big enough gap down the side of the top shed for a rabbit to squeeze down but which no human ever will :shock: Once down there she was free to dig for England undisturbed.

I managed to catch Merlin fairly easily and put him back in his secure run and thankfully whilst doing this Millie came out of the tiny gap and performed several laps of the garden to celebrate and really rub it in. After much cat and mouse games through the shrubbery (and painful rose bushes) I finally managed to get her.

I am now enjoying my cold cuppa and nursing sore hands from all the rose bushes but at least my bunnies are safe :)

I will be getting OH to seal off any gaps in the garden this weekend, however small they appear to be !! Lesson Learnt!

I'm always in the garden in my pj's sometimes even with a towel on my head after a shower attending to the buns, I don't worry what the neighbours think. :lol:

I've even ran around in pitch black pouring rain for two hours once trying to catch an escapee guinea.

I'm always in the garden in my pj's sometimes even with a towel on my head after a shower attending to the buns, I don't worry what the neighbours think. :lol:

I've even ran around in pitch black pouring rain for two hours once trying to catch an escapee guinea.

Me too the joys of a 6ft fence!! :lol:

I bet they really enjoyed the free run!!

Millie is now spark out in her run, enjoying a nice snooze in the sunshine and totally oblivious to all the stress she has just caused me :?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Norty bunnehs! :lol:

(I've had this as well Gill, usually with Twinkle and Star when its time to get them in to their carriers, they know all the little nooks and crannies that I cant get in to, and then just when I think I've got them, whoosh they go running past again! :lol: Oh well, it gives the neighbours a laugh, I am sure! :lol:)

haha brilliant - sounds familiar to me too! you'd think they'd realise we're always going to win sooner or later and not bother with the chase...

:shock: Naughty white bunny bottoms appearing at the top of the garden. :lol::lol:
Don't you love it when they are naughty. :love:

i water my garden in my pj's and i don;t care what the noisy :censored: next door thinks as she shouldn;t be looking anyway into my back garden :lol:

Back