• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Still 'Active' Sanctuaries Within the UK ?

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I need contact details of Sanctuaries within the UK that are still able to take in Rabbits when space is available ?

On here the only two I know of are Theo's 'Rabbit Retreat' and halfpenny's 'Halfpenny Farm'. Apologies if there are others whom I am unaware of.

If you know of any others who are currently still open to new intakes could you either post the contact details on here or PM me please

TIA :)

Hopper Haven is a sanctuary but (probably like everyone else) I think they have been full for some time. :(

I thought that they were not open to new intakes any more :? IE Downsizing ?

We're not downsizing, but stabilizing.
We have capacity for around 40 groups of rabbits (currently 104), and are still able to take in needy cases when there is appropriate space available:D.

We're not downsizing, but stabilizing.
We have capacity for around 40 groups of rabbits (currently 104), and are still able to take in needy cases when there is appropriate space available:D.

Thank you for clarifying :D

104 Rabbits..................... :shock:

The sanctuary where I've just started volunteering takes in bunnies, it is called Bleakholt Animal Sanctuary and it's in Edenfield, Lancashire :wave:

PACT animal sanctuary in Norfolk... Not sure if they have space at the moment... when I worked there (until May) had well over 100 but they may have rehomed some by now. :)

Back